Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan

Options
  • 18-12-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all. Thinking of moving to reask estate in Navan. Can you tell me what the area is like an much to do for kids. Plus some good schools please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Not gonna lie it would be known for being pretty rough. Primary schools close by the nearest is the Educate Together. As far as amenities for kids you have Claremont stadium on your doorstep if they are into/would like to try athletics. There are several football teams that have their grounds nearby, Parkvilla and Navan town. Further into the town are more primary schools. If its secondary school you need then Beaufort College is the nearest and thats about a mile away, it's a community college. You have a supervalu and a lidl nearby too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 leonad1212

Thanks. How would it be rough. I have primary school kids what would be the best achool around don't mind travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

leonad1212 wrote: »
    Thanks. How would it be rough. I have primary school kids what would be the best achool around don't mind travelling.

Anywhere you see houses with windows boarded up is not a good sign. The whole area has a reputation for anti-social behaviour. I have many friends from the Commons Road who are salt of the earth type. Good and bad everywhere. But Reask? I wouldn't. Best school in Navan is on the other side of the town St. Olivers up in Blackcastle and second would be St.Pauls up at Abbeylands. You have the Mercy primary and St.Annes and then Scoil Mhuire and the all Irish school Scoil Eanna. There is also a school up in Windtown on the other side of the town. I hear the educate together is good if you are looking for non denominational type.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 leonad1212

Thanks very much for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 joxerb

lukesmom wrote: »
    Anywhere you see houses with windows boarded up is not a good sign. The whole area has a reputation for anti-social behaviour. I have many friends from the Commons Road who are salt of the earth type. Good and bad everywhere. But Reask? I wouldn't. Best school in Navan is on the other side of the town St. Olivers up in Blackcastle and second would be St.Pauls up at Abbeylands. You have the Mercy primary and St.Annes and then Scoil Mhuire and the all Irish school Scoil Eanna. There is also a school up in Windtown on the other side of the town. I hear the educate together is good if you are looking for non denominational type.

I agree 100%

• Advertisement
Advertisement