Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faith coming to visit

Options
  • 18-12-2017 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭

Im meeting a friend in Galway over Christmas. Never been here before so can anyone recommend a nice place to eat? Nothing too fancy might I add. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Im meeting a friend in Galway over Christmas. Never been here before so can anyone recommend a nice place to eat? Nothing too fancy might I add. Thanks

Royal Villa - An amazing Chinese. Its a little outside the city, about a 5 minute Taxi.

Kai Restaurant - Earned its Michelin 'Bib' recently. Located in the city. Amazing food! The Pork was AMAZING! You will need to book it in advance! Ring up now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Most of the pubs do good bar food to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

I couldn't recommend this place enough, it's the only restaurant i'll drop into now if it's not a big occasion

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186609-d12790102-Reviews-Burgatory-Galway_County_Galway_Western_Ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Thanks everyone. Really looking forward to Galway, looks like a nice place to hang out over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Burgatory is wayyy too expensive

Also, park house always does brilliant good. At very reasonable prices too.

Or pick anywhere on quay street. They're all good for people watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to own thread so you get more exposure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Papa Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Papa Rich.

end of thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ya papa rich is superb. Burgatory was met when we went. Unseasoned food. If it's a burger then Handsome burger is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Dough Bros is nice and informal I found and getting great reviews if you fancy a small pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Another vote for Papa Rich(Newtownsmith) Good food and very affordable. Great views over the Corrib as well. Book as early as possible because its difficult to get a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Ya papa rich is superb. Burgatory was met when we went. Unseasoned food. If it's a burger then Handsome burger is far better.

I think for an amazing burger check out Chilli Shack. That said, there are so many cuisines and different prices there are many options. Just open google maps and type in "restaurants near me".

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Buddha Bar has good food and nice cocktails. Must have reservation.
    Papa Rich is good and great value at a tenner/meal

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Burgatory is wayyy too expensive

Also, park house always does brilliant good. At very reasonable prices too.

Or pick anywhere on quay street. They're all good for people watching

in comparisson to where exactly? 7.50 for a delicious hand-made burger cooked to your liking (pink is my pref) with free chips and if you want loaded chips they're half price, the deliciously moist chicken tenders cooked in franks with scaldy sauce is only 6.95 and considering there must be a minimum of 2 decent chicken breasts used i struggle to finish them, for dessert the shakes at 4.50 contain at least 200% more gelato than you can buy in town for the same money

i've tried almost everywhere in the city and for the crazy money you pay in most for them to serve us bland tasting mass produced pre-packed rubbish with packet sauces they can keep them thanks, i much rather the simple but delicious tasting burgatory everytime, nicest tasting and best value food in the city since we lost jamaica joes imho

Advertisement