Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAB motors line car park

Options
  • 19-12-2017 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what the story is with the car park at CAB motors for access to the walk way to the line, anyime i have been down recently it is closed off to the public?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Anybody know what the story is with the car park at CAB motors for access to the walk way to the line, anyime i have been down recently it is closed off to the public?

I've never seen those bollards down TBH and I pass that car park 5 days a week coming home from work.

I know the lads working inside CAB used to park in the old gravel car park that was replaced and I'd say the council or the management of the stadium have decided to keep them up to stop that but thats speculation really.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've never seen those bollards down TBH and I pass that car park 5 days a week coming home from work.

I know the lads working inside CAB used to park in the old gravel car park that was replaced and I'd say the council or the management of the stadium have decided to keep them up to stop that but thats speculation really.

Thanks "GavRedKing", ffs isn't that just ridiculous, I used to park in the old gravel car park before heading off for a run and there used be plenty of parking spaces available so I was curious as to why the new parking area was blocked off.

Id say your right about the CAB lads but I doubt they were causing that much obstruction, there must be about 40 spaces available in the new carpark. In all fairness the line is one of the best exercising walkways in the city and they have a carpark that can serve it blocked off in spite. Only in the banana republic ffs, one for neil prendeville!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Thanks "GavRedKing", ffs isn't that just ridiculous, I used to park in the old gravel car park before heading off for a run and there used be plenty of parking spaces available so I was curious as to why the new parking area was blocked off.

Id say your right about the CAB lads but I doubt they were causing that much obstruction, there must be about 40 spaces available in the new carpark. In all fairness the line is one of the best exercising walkways in the city and they have a carpark that can serve it blocked off in spite. Only in the banana republic ffs, one for neil prendeville!

How do you know "they" have blocked it off in spite? And who is "they"?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    How do you know "they" have blocked it off in spite? And who is "they"?

What??

"They" have blocked it off in spite is my conclusion after reading "GavRedKing" comments and im now making the conclusion that you may be employed by the cork county board, city council or whomever owns that patch of land!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think on CABs twitter or FB about 12/18months ago they had a dispute over the car park issue with the official page for the stadium, I'll have a look later to try dig up the posts if I can, to make sure I'm remembering it correctly.

IMO, the car park should be open anyway for people walking with kids or the dog or just out for a run but one thing to add, there seems to be a house being built right next to the enterance of the car park and maybe the car park is being kept closed so the builders dont use it for their machinery but I couldnt be sure of that TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What??

"They" have blocked it off in spite is my conclusion after reading "GavRedKing" comments and im now making the conclusion that you may be employed by the cork county board, city council or whomever owns that patch of land!

You sound like a disgruntled cab employee who lost their handy car space! See I can make wild unfounded claims about people as well.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think on CABs twitter or FB about 12/18months ago they had a dispute over the car park issue with the official page for the stadium, I'll have a look later to try dig up the posts if I can, to make sure I'm remembering it correctly.

IMO, the car park should be open anyway for people walking with kids or the dog or just out for a run but one thing to add, there seems to be a house being built right next to the enterance of the car park and maybe the car park is being kept closed so the builders dont use it for their machinery but I couldnt be sure of that TBH.

Thanks "GavRedKing" Yeah you could be right about that construction work actually, hopefully that is the case and it is re-opened soon...
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    You sound like a disgruntled cab employee who lost their handy car space! See I can make wild unfounded claims about people as well.

Lol!! nope, just a disgruntled member of the public looking to park a car conveniently for the purpose of getting some exercise! Happy Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Lol!! nope, just a disgruntled member of the public looking to park a car conveniently for the purpose of getting some exercise!

oh the irony ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Was out for a jog in that neck of the woods earlier in the week & indeed it's blocked off with metal bollards. Strange for sure as all the car spaces are nicely painted on the road there :confused:

opus wrote: »
    Was out for a jog in that neck of the woods earlier in the week & indeed it's blocked off with metal bollards. Strange for sure as all the car spaces are nicely painted on the road there :confused:

Yup very strange and a shame, finger crossed it will open soon once the construction is finished alongside it...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Why not just drive around to the stadium and park there?

Advertisement