Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many unhappy customers?

Options
  • 19-12-2017 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I guessed that there quite a few unhappy eir customers. But, if you scroll through the threads, there is an awful lot more that I have ever imagined. I also have quite a few stories that I would not believe if I had not experienced them myself.

I am wondering seriously how this adds to eir's reputation? So many people venting their anger on this forum... Maybe, it can not get any worse.

What is eir doing about its bad reputation? What is the reason? Bad management? Overworked technicians? Caring too much about shareholders?

Knowing myself, people get upset and angry if they feel ignored (as happened in ALL of my personal cases). I never had the experience that eir support had the technical understanding to be able to give support on any issues. If the support might have acknowledged an issue, they will not keep you updated if things aren't going as planned. They never update until the customer is frustrated, disappointed and angry. Why? What does eir want to achieve by its behaviour?

In some way, I do not blame the eir support. They get all the bad, frustration and anger from the customers and I understand, that they don't want to talk to them. But I do blame the management which does not seem to care or have any kind of vision for a good customer relationship.

I feel sorry for "our" eir representatives here. It seems that they want to help but that they have the same problem as us customers - getting nowhere. Personally, I would not work for eir because my policy is: happy customers - happy me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

From my own experience a few months back, I'm left with the impression that eir just don't care about the bad publicity because they think it's outweighed by having a big reputation and/or a large advertising budget. Like yourself I wouldn't blame the customer care staff, it's very obvious by the repetitive nature of replies from different staff that they're working off a script and are limitied in what they can actually do to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 annoyance

Sure, blaming the customer care staff is no good, they are in the war zone, having to deal with unhappy customers because somebody else messed it up. But this and what you wrote are guesses - maybe pretty accurate...

Maybe, some eir representative can shed some light on the workings of the customer care to make it more transparent and to show that they are not to blame.
    1. What is the procedure when somebody has a problem?
    2. Where do you look it up (I am sure, it does not all come out of the head)?
    3. What will happen if the issue can not be resolved?
    4. What kind of professionals are at your disposal?
    5. What will happen if the problem is with eir and not the customer?

There are a few questions to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,049 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Very little coverage between tallaght and baltinglass on the N81....it's like the late 90's all over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 annoyance

I do not understand your reply in relation to the topic subject. You might be an unhappy customer but this thread should not be about any issues. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,049 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

annoyance wrote: »
    I do not understand your reply in relation to the topic subject. You might be an unhappy customer but this thread should not be about any issues. Thanks.
    No I'm happy enough... Just have a phone that does not work on my route but other than that I'm ecstatic 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

annoyance wrote: »
    Sure, blaming the customer care staff is no good, they are in the war zone, having to deal with unhappy customers because somebody else messed it up. But this and what you wrote are guesses - maybe pretty accurate...

Maybe, some eir representative can shed some light on the workings of the customer care to make it more transparent and to show that they are not to blame.
    • What is the procedure when somebody has a problem?
    • Where do you look it up (I am sure, it does not all come out of the head)?
    • What will happen if the issue can not be resolved?
    • What kind of professionals are at your disposal?
    • What will happen if the problem is with eir and not the customer?

[*]

There are a few questions to start with.
    [*]
    Hi annoyance, 

I can understand your frustrations here. 

In relation to your questions - 

1. You would contact our customer care team if you have an issue.
    2. We look up information on our internal systems.
    3. The issue is escalated if it can't be resolved by the agent.
    4. There are team leaders in place to facilitate this. 
    5. We will take ownership of this and resolve the issue.

We will always help our customers as best we can. Please don't hesitate in contacting us here at any time and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement