Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large threads

Options
  • 19-12-2017 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Say im following a large busy thread and I want to pick up where I left off ?
    Is there a way to do this ?
    Right now I just search for all my posts and click my last one in said thread - but if it's busy that can be a real pain to keep up with where I last read.

Thanks

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Hector,
    If you click on the small arrow next to the thread title, this will bring you to the first unread post. I;ve marked it in the image below. On other versions of the site (touch.boards.ie for mobile and the responsive site, boards.ie/b) clicking on a thread title should bring you automatically to where you left off.

436569.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Hi

I inadvertently went to the last post of a very large thread (the Cries of Retail in R&R - brilliant thread!!). Is there anyway of marking a thread as "unread" as now I have to remember where I am so I don't miss anything :)

Thank you!
    SRG

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi secondrowgal,

Unfortunately there's no way to mark a thread as Unread. However, if you click into a thread's last post accidentally and read backwards, it will still remember what the last post was that you initially clicked into. Then if you use the icon highlighted above you'll be brought to the first unread post (i.e. new post published since you read the thread). I hope that helps.

Advertisement