Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2016 activation

Options
  • 19-12-2017 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

I have a key for Office 2016 Pro Plus.
    The problem is I'm activating it for someone else and I don't have their outlook email address or password.
    I was wondering if I create a Microsoft account and give them the details just for activation would it result in any problems for the user with using Outlook or anything else?
    I don't like asking someone for their email address and password.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I have a key for Office 2016 Pro Plus.
    The problem is I'm activating it for someone else and I don't have their outlook email address or password.
    I was wondering if I create a Microsoft account and give them the details just for activation would it result in any problems for the user with using Outlook or anything else?
    I don't like asking someone for their email address and password.

Just ask them - they can change the password afterwards. I have to do similar things on a regular basis and never have a problem asking for account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Well what I was wondering is outlook 2016 tied to the email address you register Office with ie. will it allow the person to log in with their own email address after when using Outlook?
    I was thinking of setting up a registration email address and have the person enter their own email address to use outlook after.
    Surely that should work ok right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Think there can be problems trying to change the accounts - numerous reports out there of people getting stuck and no help from MS.

In the end, it would probably be far quicker and easier to either get the account info from the customer or else get them to be there when you are setting up Office and let them enter the details themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Where did you got key?
    Is this is volume , MSDN license key?
    Or is it O365 subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

It's a retail product key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

quinnd6 wrote: »
    It's a retail product key.
    ....Pro Plus is a very LIMITED distribution bundle. IF you bought it (paid for it) any other way (say an online store), it is an illegal resale. Contact your credit card company to cancel the transaction.

If you have a legal copy, the place you bought it from should have provided you with a download link for the installation file.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_install-mso_win10-mso_2016/how-can-i-download-microsoft-office-2016-using-pro/2beec04a-75bc-43bd-a24e-f5effe379518

Advertisement