Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

powerquad gearboxes john deere 6200

Options
  • 19-12-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi i was just wondering if any of ye know much about powerquad gearboxes eg how much to repair on john deere 6200 and reasosn why it is gone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

Only have experience of a 20 series powerquad, and it was not good. Disc had eaten a groove in a gear very same as if it was cut with a grinder.

Find a good independant mechanic and have them look at it. If in S Tipp there's a good man in Bansha I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Jack C

Did it give any warning signs or go suddenly. I notice mine sounds a bit clanky between 3 and 4 although it seems to be running ok. Mechanic once told me any water getting in to oil will take facing off discs.

Came across this guy on youtube in u.s. operating on a 6200 though he's a bit of a pain to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFMMu4c8P7U

• Registered Users Posts: 9 colm.egan90

not gone yet but you can here it clattering there is water in back end oil is gone a milky colour and will not pick up speed very dead take off id say is on the way out

Advertisement