Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chicken & brocolli bake - advice plse

• 19-12-2017 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

I am hosting a family party for 20 people over Christmas. I was hoping to do a chicken & broccoli gratin as one of the dishes. Normally when I make it, my crew eat it straight away but for the party will need to make it the day before. So is it just a case of fully cooking it as normal and then reheating it. But then would the chicken not be way overcooked and the broccoli in mush after two goes in the oven not to mention the topping being burnt to a crisp ? Or am I overthinking it. Any advice greatly received as I'm not used to entertaining for a crowd and I don't want to poison anyone or present something inedible. Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wobert

I would prep to point of oven cooking and then bake on the day.
    Baked and then reheated would be over cooked and breadcrumb topping messy.
    It is a handy one for large group of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Pre until it is at cooking stage (minus the bread crumbs) Cover well and store in fridge. Remove from fridge and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cook till piping hot!

I think it is one of the nicest/tasty meals going. I envy your guests

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Notes

Odlums have a lovely recipe online. Chicken and broxolli bake. Delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

It's now a tradition in our house yup make a turkey and broccoli pie on st. Stephens day. A great way to use up the left over Turkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Notes wrote:
    Odlums have a lovely recipe online. Chicken and broxolli bake. Delicious!

I don't understand this post. Am I just *that* tired or is anyone else also scratching their head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,789 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I don't understand this post. Am I just *that* tired or is anyone else also scratching their head?
    Seemed very clear to me.
    Here's the recipe - http://www.odlums.ie/recipes/chicken-and-broccoli-bake/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I've used this receipe which is probably a cheat because it uses condensed soup but it says if you don't want to eat straight away to precook broccoli and chicken and then don't put it into the oven to cook until you're going to be eating it.

http://bumblesofrice.com/2013/01/13/very-easy-chicken-and-broccoli-bake/

Advertisement