Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turas Nua Form

• 19-12-2017 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was called into a meeting with Turas Nua to "help me find employment" after being signed on Job seekers Allowance for 2 weeks after a springboard course.

This meeting consisted of me telling my advisor that I had three interviews lined up for that week and him telling me to send on a copy of my CV and asking me about 3 areas I would like to work in. I then had to sign a form saying that I agreed to sign up for a year to their "services" or I would be cut off the dole or something along those lines.

I actually got offered one of the jobs I interviewed for and texted my advisor to let him know and ever since, he has been ringing, texting and emailing me constantly wanting to know exactly the name of the place where I am working as: "If someone goes into employment we need employer details in order to remove them from this programme. " I have signed off of jobseekers allowance so why isn't that enough for them.

I just want to know does anybody have an actual copy of the form that you are required to sign when you join Turas Nua. I know I am signed up for a year to their "services" but I want to know if the wording of the contract requires me to tell them exactly where I am working.
    They played absolutely no part in me securing employment and I do not want them hassling my employer which i've heard they do from other people. I haven't even signed my contract yet and i'm scared they're going to get me fired before I even officially start.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

No biggie here, just tell them that you'll forward the information when you've signed your contract of employment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Block their number and set their emails to go to spam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nilescraneo

Turas Nua are a private company. They want the details of your employer so that they can claim a bonus off the government for finding you work and taking you off the live register. The problem with that is, Turas Nua had nothing to do with finding you employment, so they are effectively defrauding the taxpayer by saying they did. I would ignore them, I was in the same boat as you a year or so ago and I happily ignored them.

They have no power over you anymore, since you are no longer unemployed and no longer obliged to use their services or have your dole stopped. You signed off the dole when you started work. That's the only legal obligation you had.

Best of luck in the new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 huijo

Thanks for your reply! I just want to know where I stand after signing the form to be honest. If my "advisor" finds out through other means where I work without me giving them that information is that legal? On Linkedin for example? How long did it take for them to leave you alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭Jeff2

huijo wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply! I just want to know where I stand after signing the form to be honest. If my "advisor" finds out through other means where I work without me giving them that information is that legal? On Linkedin for example? How long did it take for them to leave you alone?

Block them.

If you tell them the employer then they will contact them in future to try get work for others.
    You don't want them doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nilescraneo

huijo wrote: »

If they contact your employer without your consent I'd be very surprised if it was legal. If they did so I would file a complaint with DSP, the Data Protection Commissioners Office, your local DSP office as well as email the minister for social protection.

Personally, I just ignored letters and calls after I told them flat out first time that they rang me that my employer is none of their business and I am no longer on their books or unemployed, and they in no way assisted me in finding employment. They gave up after a month or so, I'd guess you won't hear from them again once Christmas break begins.

Also, judging by my own interactions with Turas Nua staff, I would be very surprised if they could even manage to navigate around Linkedin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’m just wondering could you ever tell Turas Nua that you have signed off the dole and left the country, that way they will never be hassling you for the name of your employer. I’m unfortunately with them at the moment and they are absolutely useless. I had an appointment with them one evening, had to travel all the way in, and the advisor who was supposed to be meeting me was leaving the office, when she saw me just said oh I’m finished now, I’ll schedule a new appointment and that was that, so I just had to leave again there and then after travelling all the way in and paying for parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭White Clover

fin12 wrote: »
    I’m just wondering could you ever tell Turas Nua that you have signed off the dole and left the country, that way they will never be hassling you for the name of your employer. I’m unfortunately with them at the moment and they are absolutely useless. I had an appointment with them one evening, had to travel all the way in, and the advisor who was supposed to be meeting me was leaving the office, when she saw me just said oh I’m finished now, I’ll schedule a new appointment and that was that, so I just had to leave again there and then after travelling all the way in and paying for parking.

That was very unprofessional of her. She was leaving at the time the appointment was scheduled for?

That was very unprofessional of her. She was leaving at the time the appointment was scheduled for?

Yes, the advisor also never replies or acknowledges my emails. I sent her an email 2 days confirming I was attending the appointment, got no reply and the fact she continued to leave was even worse when I was right there in front of her.

Why did you schedule a new apointment with useless people.?
    I would have just left it at that until they get back to me.

Sorry for not much help but good people tend to get the runaround with them just to make money while wasters..........

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Why did you schedule a new apointment with useless people.?
    I would have just left it at that until they get back to me.

Sorry for not much help but good people tend to get the runaround with them just to make money while wasters..........

What do u mean why did I schedule a new appointment? I don’t schedule the appointments, they do and I have to attend as I am on the dole. I’m just giving an example of what they are like; I turned up for my scheduled appointment and that’s how I was treated.

I’m just wondering could you ever tell Turas Nua that you have signed off the dole and left the country, that way they will never be hassling you for the name of your employer. I’m unfortunately with them at the moment and they are absolutely useless. I had an appointment with them one evening, had to travel all the way in, and the advisor who was supposed to be meeting me was leaving the office, when she saw me just said oh I’m finished now,

I’ll schedule a new appointment and that was that,

so I just had to leave again there and then after travelling all the way in and paying for parking.

I read that part wrong but seemed like you were going to anyway.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I read that part wrong but seemed like you were going to anyway.

When she said she was finished for the day, the advisor then said I will schedule a new appointment for you. Got the new appointment next day in the post.

I don’t understand what you are trying to say, what was I supposed to do force her to do my appointment with me and prevent her from leaving. When she was leaving I said to her we have an appointment, I confirmed by email that I would be attending and she was like well I’m finished now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

When she said she was finished for the day, the advisor then said I will schedule a new appointment for you. Got the new appointment next day in the post.

I don’t understand what you are trying to say, what was I supposed to do force her to do my appointment with me and prevent her from leaving. When she was leaving I said to her we have an appointment, I confirmed by email that I would be attending and she was like well I’m finished now.

She arranged an appointment for you at the time when she would be leaving work?

splinter65 wrote: »
    She arranged an appointment for you at the time when she would be leaving work?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Yes.

Did you make a written complaint about that?
    You were entitled to get your expenses back from that meeting. Your entitled to be reimbursed your expenses for every meeting but I would not have left the place without speaking to her superior.
    If you can remember the day and date that happened and especially if you still have the parking ticket to prove you were on time for your meeting, I would say it is your duty to complain about that.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Did you make a written complaint about that?
    You were entitled to get your expenses back from that meeting. Your entitled to be reimbursed your expenses for every meeting but I would not have left the place without speaking to her superior.
    If you can remember the day and date that happened and especially if you still have the parking ticket to prove you were on time for your meeting, I would say it is your duty to complain about that.

I remember the day and there was two other Turas nua employees at the reception desk and they are seemed to think it was fine that she was leaving. I didn’t think to ask for the supervisor because it just all happened so quick. See I got some Christmas work and was starting the next day so just didn’t think about complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭White Clover

Did you arrive at the agreed time?

Did you arrive at the agreed time?

Yes I did.

Advertisement