Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Peaks Cycle Challenge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

P_1 wrote: »
    Made it to Newry. I may have fallen off my bike at a high speed along the way! 1 more peak then a gentle 80k spin into Bray on Friday ahead of us. If you're of a loose end please feel free to join us.

In traditional Boards cycling forum etiquette I have to ask... How's the bike after the fall? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

P_1 wrote: »
    Made it to Newry. I may have fallen off my bike at a high speed along the way! 1 more peak then a gentle 80k spin into Bray on Friday ahead of us. If you're of a loose end please feel free to join us.

In traditional Boards cycling forum etiquette I have to ask... How's the bike after the fall? :D

It's fine. Now sporting some fabulous battle scars!

Last day of it. Feel free to join us on the way to Bray. We will assemble at the artane roundabout around 1 30 for the last 20k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Was great to join you guys for the Slieve Donard to Slane leg. I'm not at all surprised that quite a few strains and injuries are beginning to show after six incredibly tough days. Safe journey today and enjoy the pints in Duffs.

Well done everyone including the support team.

Ok I've stopped crying!

Genuinely can't believe I managed to do that!

• Advertisement

One final update here.

1250km
    4 mountains climbed
    1 potentially fractured elbow
    €20000 raised for Purple House (this is roughly 5% of their annual operating costs)

Thanks to everybody who donated, gave words of encouragement, joined us on the road and who supported us in any way.

That was some experience!

Advertisement