Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eir

• 19-12-2017 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Switched from Eir to Sky in October when Eir increased their price. Made the switch within timeframe given to avoid Eir penalty of breaking contract. Sent modem and TV box back as required. Got text few weeks later from Eir saying my next bill was unusually high and to contact them or see my bill online. Could not get my bill online as I had left them. Rang customer service and left hanging over half hour and hung up. Since then I have been sent frequent texts and emails telling me of an updated bill that varies from 139 to 259 euro and to view online which I am unable to do. No info as to what I am being billed for. Rang few weeks ago to enquire why I am still being billed and was given two different charges and told I had to pay for a month in advance for service I was never going to receive. Today received request from debt collector for 259 euro. Anyone have similar experience with this company?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Switched from Eir to Sky in October when Eir increased their price. Made the switch within timeframe given to avoid Eir penalty of breaking contract. Sent modem and TV box back as required. Got text few weeks later from Eir saying my next bill was unusually high and to contact them or see my bill online. Could not get my bill online as I had left them. Rang customer service and left hanging over half hour and hung up. Since then I have been sent frequent texts and emails telling me of an updated bill that varies from 139 to 259 euro and to view online which I am unable to do. No info as to what I am being billed for. Rang few weeks ago to enquire why I am still being billed and was given two different charges and told I had to pay for a month in advance for service I was never going to receive. Today received request from debt collector for 259 euro. Anyone have similar experience with this company?

Put everything in writing as a letter of complaint, using their formal complaints process, and get a proof of delivery from An Post. .Make sure they give you a complaint reference number.

If you don't get satisfaction from this process, make a formal complaint to Comreg.

Notify debt collection agency that you have made a formal complaint to Eir.

You need to have done this in writing and keep a record, as otherwise you don't have proof that you have complained to Eir and Comreg won't touch it. If you're in the right, and you follow the process, Comreg involvement will get Eir to sit up and take notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Lads this is a broadband issue not IoT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Put everything in writing as a letter of complaint, using their formal complaints process, and get a proof of delivery from An Post. .Make sure they give you a complaint reference number.

If you don't get satisfaction from this process, make a formal complaint to Comreg.

Notify debt collection agency that you have made a formal complaint to Eir.

You need to have done this in writing and keep a record, as otherwise you don't have proof that you have complained to Eir and Comreg won't touch it. If you're in the right, and you follow the process, Comreg involvement will get Eir to sit up and take notice.

Maybe one of the mods could move to the eir forum https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

Maybe one of the mods could move to the eir forum https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

I agree it would be best to move this. However, not the Eir forum as it will get buried there. Perhaps the Broadband forum, as the OP's experience is typical of the kind of thing that many customers experience and the thread would be of use to others as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

i had a similar experience with eir. They rang me last december and offered me a free mobile. i said i was leaving them and i didnt want it to affect my existing contract, the 18 mths had elapsed at that time. The young lady assured me it wouldnt so i took it. When i left they wanted a fee of 259 iirc for breaking my contract which they were then claiming it was a further 18mths because the clock effectively reset when i accepted the "free" mobile. i rang them and explained. i assumed they checked their recordings and they waived the fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 D3don

I am having the same problem, I cancelled and expected to receive a bill for a Month, got a letter from a debt collector looking for four Monthes nearly €500.00 , needless to say I am going to fight this

• Registered Users Posts: 19 choccylover

:mad::mad::mad:Anyone have any luck getting through to Eir, im a new customer, ended up paying vodafone the cancellation charge of 199euro even though the eir salesman said he would pay it. Sent EIR a copy of bill from vodafone and proof i paid it so they said they would credit my account for the 199...today they sent mail sending they would credit my eir account and an hour ago they sent me a bill for 59 euro even though number one im in credit with them and number two im only with them since 8th january on a monthly bill of 40euro so how could they charge me that anyway. was on hold for 23 minutes and got cut off, did web chat and got disconnected and sales man not answering his phone. What a disapointment, on top of this i never received the 50euro reward for joining Eir which again was promised by salesman...

:mad::mad::mad:Anyone have any luck getting through to Eir, im a new customer, ended up paying vodafone the cancellation charge of 199euro even though the eir salesman said he would pay it. Sent EIR a copy of bill from vodafone and proof i paid it so they said they would credit my account for the 199...today they sent mail sending they would credit my eir account and an hour ago they sent me a bill for 59 euro even though number one im in credit with them and number two im only with them since 8th january on a monthly bill of 40euro so how could they charge me that anyway. was on hold for 23 minutes and got cut off, did web chat and got disconnected and sales man not answering his phone. What a disapointment, on top of this i never received the 50euro reward for joining Eir which again was promised by salesman...

Post this in the broadband forum as it will get lost here in the IOT forum.

Advertisement