Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House

Options
  • 19-12-2017 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Our rental property,was voluntarily surrendered to the bank 2months ago. It was all a rush towards the end. The issue is we have left some property inside as it was rented and we couldn't get back in. I rang the bank and they said that when the tenants moved out we could reclaim our,property. I just found out today that the tenants are buying the house off the bank. Where does this leave us does anyone know. One of the items we want back is a stove that we put in new 18months ago. Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

L1985 wrote: »
    Hi all. Our rental property,was voluntarily surrendered to the bank 2months ago. It was all a rush towards the end. The issue is we have left some property inside as it was rented and we couldn't get back in. I rang the bank and they said that when the tenants moved out we could reclaim our,property. I just found out today that the tenants are buying the house off the bank. Where does this leave us does anyone know. One of the items we want back is a stove that we put in new 18months ago. Thanks all.

Best contact a solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

If the bank do not have a mortgage over anything you are entitled to it back. Has your solicitor not been in contact with the banks solicitor during this process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

That doesn't sound right. Do you have it in writing?

The stove is a fixture. You won't be getting it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Tenigate wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right. Do you have it in writing?

The stove is a fixture. You won't be getting it back.

No I don't have it in writing unfortunately.... we weren't dealing with the surrender through the solicitors. They offered to to us and we took it TBH-wasn't much negotiating as they agreed to write off the deficit. I just trusted when they said we could take our stuff back....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

No harm in trying. However, if your solicitors agreed to surrendering the property, I'd assume that would include all fixtures and fittings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Are these the same HAP tenants? How are they able to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Sorry about delay.yes I'm surprised about that myself but don't know if all finances were fully "accounted" for with HAP. I'd be fairly sure they wernt. Also the bank seem to be giving them a v v good deal. I'm going to call the bank in the new year and see how I go. Thanks all.

Advertisement