Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Rock to Airport on Friday morning

Options
  • 19-12-2017 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy.

I need to be at the airport at 9:20am on Friday. What time should I leave Black Rock to get here at that time and what route should I take? I'll be driving. Although starting to think the Air Coach might be a lot quicker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Well I wouldn't start from Dublin 15 :D:D

Seriously, posting in the Commuting and Transport Forum or some South Dublin forum might get you the right answer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Dublin 15 forum

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Google Maps has a feature that offers timings relative to departure/arrival time and route.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There should be little traffic on Friday. The aircoach has gone ridiculous since they changed the route.
    If parking isn’t going to cost a fortune I’d drive.
    To be in the airport the aircoach that leaves Killiney at 7:55 would generally get you there around 9:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Just leave at 7.30. So what if you're an hour too early. Have a coffee and read the paper...

Or leave at 8 and be late. Maybe. All you need is a crash on the m50 to upset the applecart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

exaisle wrote: »
    Just leave at 7.30. So what if you're an hour too early. Have a coffee and read the paper...

Or leave at 8 and be late. Maybe. All you need is a crash on the m50 to upset the applecart.

Good advice. If driving from Blackrock use Eastlink and avoid the M50 lottery.

Or Dart and 747 from Busaras would be pretty quick compared to Aircoach

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Seaswimmer wrote: »

aircoach from dalkey goes by port tunnell and avoids town. all in all, leaving at 7.20 has you at airport for 8.00.

Seaswimmer wrote: »

aircoach from dalkey goes by port tunnell and avoids town. all in all, leaving at 7.20 has you at airport for 8.00.

No it doesn’t, the 6:55 one from Dalkey does not arrive till 8:30 and often later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I took the Blackrock aircoach a few weeks back, got the 10:44 (from Cornelscourt) got to the airport at 12

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Rock Road, Beach Road, Sean Moore Road, Tom Clarke (Eastlink Bridge), East Wall Road,(keep left and avoid M50 tunnel access), continue on East Wall Road, Poplar Row, Luke Kelly Bridge, Richmond Road, Grace Park Road, Griffith Avenue to Whitehall, right onto Swords Road, join M50/M1 to Airport exit.

There'll be flip all traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Agree that traffic should be a lot lighter than usual - people taking the day off for shopping and others going by public transport so they can have a beer after work as it's the last working day before Christmas.

Two options for the Aircoach....

Kiliney/Dalkey bus stops due at Frascati at 08:26, due at the airport at 09:10

Greystones bus comes down Mt. Merrion Ave. from the N11, turns left onto the rock road and there is a stop just around the corner. Due there at 07:56, due at the airport at 08:40.

If you're going to get the Aircoach, take note that the smartphone app has not been updated since 2016. The timetable for those two routes changed in January 2017 so the times the app shows for both of the stops mentioned above are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I know you've since travelled, but I couldn't resist adding my voice to the frustration with the aircoach and its current route. Almost better walking.

uberwolf wrote: »
    I know you've since travelled, but I couldn't resist adding my voice to the frustration with the aircoach and its current route. Almost better walking.
    I cycle from Killiney to the airport most days. It’s about 30 minutes faster. I’ve also ran home a few times and its only 30 minutes slower. ( although if you consider that it’s inky every hour, you could say if you are waiting more than half an hour it is faster to run )

Advertisement