Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post (item in depot)

• 19-12-2017 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hello
    I ordered something that was being delivered by an post.

The tracking shows
    ITEM IN DEPOT ROSCREA
    CO TIPPERARY 19-Dec-17
    17:48 ATTEMPTED DELIVERY ROSCREA
    CO TIPPERARY 19-Dec-17
    16:58NO ANSWER AT ADDRESSITEM IS ON DELIVERY ROSCREA
    CO TIPPERARY19-Dec-17
    15:04 ITEM IN DEPOT ROSCREA
    CO TIPPERARY19-Dec-17
    13:05 ATTEMPTED DELIVERY ROSCREA
    CO TIPPERARY19-Dec-17
    11:35NO ANSWER AT ADDRESSITEM IS ON DELIVERY ROSCREA
    CO TIPPERARY19-Dec-17
    07:10 ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED DUBLIN PARCEL CENTRE
    BALLYMOUNT RD
    DUBLIN 1218-Dec-17
    20:30

No note was left for me to go collect this.

Has anyway encountered this before. Do i have to collect it or will delivery be attempted again
    Regards
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

they will probably attempt again in the morning and then leave a missed delivery note.

Part of new service - 1st attempt, then evening attempt, then final attempt + note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

CeilingFly wrote: »
    they will probably attempt again in the morning and then leave a missed delivery note.

Part of new service - 1st attempt, then evening attempt, then final attempt + note.

^ I've had CS claim that should happen for it to be dumped in the DSU the next working day. Watch the tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Mutant

ED E wrote: »
    ^ I've had CS claim that should happen for it to be dumped in the DSU the next working day. Watch the tracking.

Will do but whats cs and dsu 😛

Customer Service, and I should have said DU for Delivery Unit (place you collect missed packages)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Same happened to me. Went to the sorting office and showed them the tracking and the asked me to write tracking number and address on a bit paper.

5 mins later guy comes back with my parcel and a apology for no card being left.

This was in Dublin so don't know if they would be the same with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

CeilingFly wrote: »

Nice to see a helpful comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'll give it to an post they have upped their game with email and text about delivery and attempted and actual delivery taken in.

Only thing missing is a time slot.

I understand this can be difficult but it would be handy to have a say 2 hour window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

An post have usually been great, but I can't get an email reply from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Uncle_Joe

Hi guys,

I've had something similar, per se.

Tracking say's an attempted delivery was made yesterday morning and that the item is now in the D2 Depot (now D3, near East Wall) - I called CS as I didn't get a delivery docket and as my post address is D7, I thought it was strange that the item was in D2 - anyhow, the lady told me I could tip down with ID and utility bill and I should be able to pick up my package. Got there yesterday before the place closed, but the item wasn't there! The guy there also thought it was strange that the package was in D2/D3.

I can't get CS this morning - just wondering if anyone else has had this experience? And as as a previous poster said, perhaps it's back out for a re-delivery?

Tracking hasn't changed today, as of yet, so I'm a little bewildered! I'll try CS again in a little bit.

Item History

Activity Date Reason
    ITEM IN DEPOT DUBLIN 2 09-Apr-18 14:04
    ITEM IN DEPOT DUBLIN 2 09-Apr-18 12:19
    ATTEMPTED DELIVERY DUBLIN PARCEL DEPOT HOLLY ROAD DUBLIN 12 09-Apr-18 10:15 NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS
    ITEM IS ON DELIVERY DUBLIN PARCEL DEPOT HOLLY ROAD DUBLIN 12 09-Apr-18 06:36

At a guess the courier post van man scanned it with the wrong action but didn't actually do the wrong thing. Possibly back out for delivery, possibly going to your actual DU.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    At a guess the courier post van man scanned it with the wrong action but didn't actually do the wrong thing. Possibly back out for delivery, possibly going to your actual DU.

Thanks ED E - I'll give CS a buzz in the meantime too.

I'll be back with the result. Might help inform others.

Update - there was some confusion over the tracking address - so when they converted the US one to the Irish one, they give me one that was meant for someone else! :-/

Advertisement