Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 App no Panic/Duress

Options
  • 20-12-2017 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Little disappointed the HKC app does not have a panic button built into it or am I missing something.

Was also thinking if the Alarm was accidently unset after an Alarm activation from the app and there was indeed a burglar in the house is there anyway to reactivate the bells.

My thinking behind this is. I have ip cameras all over the house and if I was to unset the Alarm remotely look around on cameras and see a burglar how would I reactivate the bells. I would need some kind of Duress or panic button.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

moany fuc wrote: »
    Little disappointed the HKC app does not have a panic button built into it or am I missing something.

Was also thinking if the Alarm was accidently unset after an Alarm activation from the app and there was indeed a burglar in the house is there anyway to reactivate the bells.

My thinking behind this is. I have ip cameras all over the house and if I was to unset the Alarm remotely look around on cameras and see a burglar how would I reactivate the bells. I would need some kind of Duress or panic button.

Any ideas??

Couldn't you just reset the alarm from the app and it would trigger immediately when the pir was activated by the intruder?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That would be a bit finicky. A panic alarm from the app would be much easier.
    GSD have this with a possible future option of it sending GPS Coordinates to an ARC if the alarm is monitored.
    Would be a great feature , Your panel alarm working from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I usually tell people who have CCTV systems and the App, to firstly view the CCTV system before switching off the alarm.
    To never assume it is a false alarm and once reset to arm it again.

OP when you say a Panic Button on the App, do you mean on the actual phone so if you are on holidays, you could accidentally set it off and have Gardai going to your unoccupied home ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Easier to accidently set off a panic butt at home than on an app where it asks for confirmation.

But don't panic buttons have to comply with EN 50131?
    I can't imagine the Apples or Samsung's of this world being too concerned about this.

• Advertisement

The phones don't have to comply. Its software not hardware.
    Sure all the monitoring stations are running apps that act as panic buttons.

https://resure.co/go/
    http://www.g4s.ie/en/bahrain/what-we-do/services/technology-and-innovation

Many more besides...

Are we getting confused here with Mandown and Lone Worker type units?

What i am wondering about is, using a phone App as a PA attached to your own domestic panel?

My logic here is, lets say someone is out walking their dog and some low life robs them, they reach for their phone ( assuming it has not been robbed as well), press the PA as they are now in a state of panic.

So the Central Station receive a PA signal from their home alarm which could be a mile away from where the actual help is required. They tell Gardai that is the source of the activation

Or a continent away if the person is on holidays.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This is simple.
    HKC systems are designed so that they can drive relays to activate lights or heating. All you need to do is get one of these relays to activate a zone. This can be programmed to be seen as a panic button activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

2011 wrote: »
    This is simple.
    HKC systems are designed so that they can drive relays to activate lights or heating. All you need to do is get one of these relays to activate a zone. This can be programmed to be seen as a panic button activation.

Probably won't work. By its nature the panic must be easily accessible in the moment of panic and not have to open the the app and press a few buttons to trigger a relay which would be prohibiting.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Probably won't work. By its nature the panic must be easily accessible in the moment of panic and not have to open the the app and press a few buttons to trigger a relay which would be prohibiting.

Fair point, but wouldn’t that apply to any panic that is activated via an app, not just HKC??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

2011 wrote: »
    Fair point, but wouldn’t that apply to any panic that is activated via an app, not just HKC??

Yes of course. Any systems I'm familiar with you need to go into a sub menu to trigger outputs so they'd be similar enough to each other. I'm not sure about panics on apps TBH, think there's too much potential for false alarms.

Advertisement