Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a better makeup gift set?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

Estée Lauder is the better one

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Estée Lauder

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Definitely? Should it matter that my other half is 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I’m also 30 and would also recommend the Estée Lauder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Alternatively, you could check what make up brand she uses the most and get a gift set from them or get the staff to make one up for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Definitely Estée Lauder. With the exception of maybe the 8 hour cream, Elizabeth Arden is gone out of fashion quite a bit (no offence to anyone who uses it). The foundation in particular was very popular in the 90s/00s but I don't know anyone who uses it now.
    Estée Lauder would be far superior, quality wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I use a few Elizabeth Arden products but I’d prefer the Estée Lauder set.

However I agree with the poster above who says to see what brands your partner is using and maybe get something from them. The sets you posted are lively but they suit a classic makeup look. If she likes more modern looks she might not rate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Estee Lauder is the better one. For a 30 year old though and for that kind of price if it were me I would much prefer a voucher for Brown Thomas, Harvey Nichols or Space NK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Being honest, neither of those would appeal to me. Unless she's building a makeup collection from scratch, blockbuster collections should be avoided IMO as there's usually a lot of wastage. Most people into makeup will have different items from different brands.

The money would be better used on a voucher for a beautician you know she goes to or Space NK/ Brown Thomas as another poster mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I agree that I wouldn't like either - those gifts are usually much worse quality then the regular range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Thanks a mil for your help ladies, glad I posted here before I got it. Appreciate you taking the time to respond., And I'll take all your advice

Advertisement