Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee April Intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Any of us that sat our medical last June we may end up doing it again....

Yes and that will be me if I do not receive an offer for April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Yes and that will be me if I do not receive an offer for April.

I'm the same. And it's absolutely ridiculous for them to let it get to that stage. Any other professional organisation that has a similar process would never have people waiting this long.

I'm the same. And it's absolutely ridiculous for them to let it get to that stage. Any other professional organisation that has a similar process would never have people waiting this long.

Absolutely totally agree. I can totally understand also Jan 2016 applicants it is a joke to be fair the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shauna3164

At this stage who knows. I'd like to think more than one person on here got an offer the second round.

Yeah and yer boy on the phone from HRM said it would be today or early next week before second round offers are out..but then again someone already got an offer so hard to know

Shauna3164 wrote: »
    Yeah and yer boy on the phone from HRM said it would be today or early next week before second round offers are out..but then again someone already got an offer so hard to know

That's it isn't it and sure I would've thought that more people would have posted on here about receiving a second round offer other than Lee. Fair play to Lee though.

• Advertisement

That's it isn't it and sure I would've thought that more people would have posted on here about receiving a second round offer other than Lee. Fair play to Lee though.

I’ve given up hope for April anyway because nobody from the 2017 campaign seems to have gotten an offer. What campaign are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nikkipapa

My reading of it is that anyone who deferred or declined the initial 1st ound offer, their place would have been offered individually earlier this week. I'm expecting the 2nd batch of offers to be issued today. Sept 2016, File awaiting to be signed off, but not hopeful of April class or August for that matter going by the posts here

I’ve given up hope for April anyway because nobody from the 2017 campaign seems to have gotten an offer. What campaign are you from?

I'm from September 2016.

Nikkipapa wrote: »
    My reading of it is that anyone who deferred or declined the initial 1st ound offer, their place would have been offered individually earlier this week. I'm expecting the 2nd batch of offers to be issued today. Sept 2016, File awaiting to be signed off, but not hopeful of April class or August for that matter going by the posts here

I'd very much like to think that us from 2016 would know whether we are in out by August.... At least put us out of our misery, life on hold, disappointment after disappointment. At least we'd know so we can move on.

Nikkipapa wrote: »

I don’t get how some people from 2017 are completely signed off but there’s still people from 2016 waiting..very confusing altogether haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

Can anyone say for definite if the next intake will be in July or August?

I thought it is each quarter, making it July but the Minister for justice, in an article, the link of which is on the beginning of this thread, says August.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Des1989

Any offers yet today?or will they drag it out until after the long weekend?

Des1989 wrote: »
    Any offers yet today?or will they drag it out until after the long weekend?

The offers seem to come out around 5pm so don’t give up hope for today yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

I don’t get how some people from 2017 are completely signed off but there’s still people from 2016 waiting..very confusing altogether haha

I'm starting to think there's a bit of canvassing going on. That people who know people are getting others moved up the list

I'm starting to think there's a bit of canvassing going on. That people who know people are getting others moved up the list

Ah no I don’t think so because I’m 2017 and my file has been signed off and I don’t know a soul in the guards 😂

Ah no I don’t think so because I’m 2017 and my file has been signed off and I don’t know a soul in the guards ��

Jan 2017?

Jan 2017?

No June 2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Ah no I don’t think so because I’m 2017 and my file has been signed off and I don’t know a soul in the guards 😂

Maybe someone fancies ya Shauna 😉

D Trent wrote: »
    Maybe someone fancies ya Shauna 😉

Hahahah maybe then I would have gotten an offer on Wednesday though 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PabloEstevez

Everything completed since last July, sept 2016 oom 500s but still waiting for vetting to come back, rang hrm and got a lovely lady on phone. She informed me that the reason it could be taking so long is that I’ve somebody on my form that lived in England. Apparently they are notorious for taking ages to get back to hrm. So anyone in the same boat as myself that could be the reason why. I know it doesn’t speed anything up but it’s better than no info I suppose

• Advertisement

Just got an email for April lads I'm from sept 16 absolutely thrilled some Long wait, best of luck to ye all with the offers outstanding.

Just got an email for April lads I'm from sept 16 absolutely thrilled some Long wait, best of luck to ye all with the offers outstanding.

Well done man. I think I remember seeing your oom was low 900's? Mines mid 700's so thats very worrying....

Congrats. We're you told you were signed off when you got in touch with hrm or were you told waiting for suitability message?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Well done Des that’s great news, do you mind me asking is it for the first induction week ? I am just trying to gauge has the second round of offers came out too ?

Thanks lads ya low 900s is right did last step the physical in sept. I got both the suitability and confirmation of vetting not too long ago! Induction week for me is9th April so I reckon I could be in first 100? So maybe there was deferrals etc! Hopefully I am for yere benefit. Best of luck again I'd imagine there will be more offers given out!

Thanks lads ya low 900s is right did last step the physical in sept. I got both the suitability and confirmation of vetting not too long ago! Induction week for me is9th April so I reckon I could be in first 100? So maybe there was deferrals etc! Hopefully I am for yere benefit. Best of luck again I'd imagine there will be more offers given out!

I am low 800’s myself so that’s promising with regarding my oom, if that actually exists anymore ha ! Just waiting on some vetting to come back now. Yeah a few friends got the 9th too so I’d say there will be a second week coming. All the best with it anyway, you have waited longer enough.

Looks like it's going to be Tuesday for second round offers :( they'd be no offers out at this time surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd forget about it now to next intake to be honest. What a fùcking joke of a process.

Looks like it's going to be Tuesday for second round offers :( they'd be no offers out at this time surely?

I rang HRM today and they said to be vigilant of emails in the coming days/weeks ahead !
    Yeah it sure is !!

• Advertisement

quote="TallGlass;106459276"]I'd forget about it now to next intake to be honest. What a fùcking joke of a process.[/quote]

Where has the 5-6 weeks notice gone....it's gone below 4 weeks notice now. Even for the first round offers that came out Tuesday gone never mind the second round offers when they come out hopefully start of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Well done to those getting offers and the best of luck down there. To those still waiting, its as crap as it gets and then some. That said try to stay optimistic and try to adopt a hands off approach. If you haven't got a rejection then your still in the running. If the process gets too much anyone can certainly understand that, but just know there are others out there that take as long and longer on the vetting front. I hope whatever your individual hold ups are it will soon be sorted for all the ones waiting long term. All the best,

Mutter Nutter

Sine Timore Aut Favore

mutter_man wrote: »
    Well done to those getting offers and the best of luck down there. To those still waiting, its as crap as it gets and then some. That said try to stay optimistic and try to adopt a hands off approach. If you haven't got a rejection then your still in the running. If the process gets too much anyone can certainly understand that, but just know there are others out there that take as long and longer on the vetting front. I hope whatever your individual hold ups are it will soon be sorted for all the ones waiting long term. All the best,

Mutter Nutter

Sine Timore Aut Favore

For people like me though 32. I'm not getting any younger and I'm done working on building sites I could start to train for something else. Started at sept 2016. I wouldn't care if I got into next years intake. I'd just like to know if I'm signed off. Not this waiting for suitability bull****. It's torture

For people like me though 32. I'm not getting any younger and I'm done working on building sites I could start to train for something else. Started at sept 2016. I wouldn't care if I got into next years intake. I'd just like to know if I'm signed off. Not this waiting for suitability bull****. It's torture

I think we are all in the same boat and if you look at the old threads you will see that they all went through this torture of vetting to,having said that you are absolutely right. I am the same as most on here I just want to know where I stand.

It certainly is torturous and there's no denying that. And HRM are your point of contact, but until they get the green light from crime and security, they are nearly as in the dark as you the applicant. The vetters themselves just process the work as it comes in and as they get answers from those they have asked. The vetters cannot afford to think about feelings, they get one chance to get this right and one only. Some do end up with horribly long waits, but vetting alone, from the time it goes to crime and security can take up to 18 months. I know the feeling very very well so i do understand. It will come.

Mutter Nutter

Sine Timore Aut Favore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

mutter_man wrote: »
    It certainly is torturous and there's no denying that. And HRM are your point of contact, but until they get the green light from crime and security, they are nearly as in the dark as you the applicant. The vetters themselves just process the work as it comes in and as they get answers from those they have asked. The vetters cannot afford to think about feelings, they get one chance to get this right and one only. Some do end up with horribly long waits, but vetting alone, from the time it goes to crime and security can take up to 18 months. I know the feeling very very well so i do understand. It will come.

Mutter Nutter

Sine Timore Aut Favore

I accept that totally. What I don't accept is even after all things considered we are talking a 1 year wait for some people. That to me is below standard and unacceptable. And even worse is been constantly been told it's awaiting sign off. That takes at max 30 mins to read a document and say, Yes or No (really is as simple as that.). I'll say it here and fùck it, I'll be going to a local TD clinic about this, I don't care if I get rejected, I want someone to become accountable for this mess. I don't think TDs know about this, codlogy that's going on. Again, I am willing now at this stage to give up my application to make the wider public aware of this situation.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    I accept that totally. What I don't accept is even after all things considered we are talking a 1 year wait for some people. That to me is below standard and unacceptable. And even worse is been constantly been told it's awaiting sign off. That takes at max 30 mins to read a document and say, Yes or No (really is as simple as that.). I'll say it here and fùck it, I'll be going to a local TD clinic about this, I don't care if I get rejected, I want someone to become accountable for this mess. I don't think TDs know about this, codlogy that's going on. Again, I am willing now at this stage to give up my application to make the wider public aware of this situation.

I sent you a PM about this one mate. Its a horrible position waiting on vetting, but whatever you do, don't let that pull you apart nothing is worth that. I'm fairly certain asking questions will not prevent you being cleared, even if those questions call into doubt how the recruitment process works. I will say this I have seen much longer waits in the past. Security vetting done right is one of those very detailed and very variable things. I really do hope it works out for you soon, and if you can try to stay upbeat and not let the dragging time get you down. You're always supportive of others on here, as I've seen so you certainly deserve a bit in return. I have no doubt I'll be one of many here hoping you get a good answer and get it very soon.

Mutter Nutter

Sine Timore Aut Favore

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

Can anyone say for definite if the next intake will be in July or August?

I thought it is each quarter, making it July but the Minister for justice, in an article, the link of which is on the beginning of this thread, says August.
    I think it's time to forget about April now 😕
    Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NeeNawNeeNaw

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'm not having a pop at you, fair play getting in. Delighted for you. But for people like me waiting since Jan 2016, that is fúcking disgraceful. I think for me I don't care anymore and the time has come to seriously kick up a fuss about this carry on. An FBI or MI5 application would be processed by now FFS.

Might sound a bit drastic but would you consider going up there to Garda HQ in person and asking to speak to HR management?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Servo91

Might sound a bit drastic but would you consider going up there to Garda HQ in person and asking to speak to HR management?

Wouldn't imagine you'd get through the gates.. only thing we can do by the looks is keep ourselfs occupied and hopefully we get an email or dreaded letter to end this wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 damo2002

Hi im from sept 16 campaign and im finally meeting the super this thurs whats the meeting with the super like ive met my sergeant months ago and my meeting with super got delayed as I moved.locations

• Advertisement

Servo91 wrote: »
    Wouldn't imagine you'd get through the gates.. only thing we can do by the looks is keep ourselfs occupied and hopefully we get an email or dreaded letter to end this wait.

If I can be a parrot for a moment, very sound advice folks. I know it won't be easy to follow but the best way forward for a persons sanity at the very least. Oh and if your still being strung along folks that's not a bad sign. As we know from others they have no problems whacking out the dreaded letter where they decide to, so if you don't have that your still in. Vetting is long winded no doubt. Best of luck all.

Mutter Nutter

Sine Timore Aut Favore

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wigman18

Got the offer on Friday at 4:30pm. Long wait over and nice celebration for the weekend that was in it.

Wigman18 wrote: »
    Got the offer on Friday at 4:30pm. Long wait over and nice celebration for the weekend that was in it.

Do you think you're the first round or second??

Well done. Can I ask what date is your induction 9th of April?

If it is the 16th of April it would suggest it maybe a second round offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wigman18

I rang during the week once Tuesdays offers came out. Was told I am in the next emails to come out so it's hard to tell. Probably second round as the need to give you a months notice. Have until today to accept so some might get emails to fill the spaces required.

I am hoping still first round offers. Normally second round are a week later so that would suggest today that second round will be out.

I rang during the week once Tuesdays offers came out. Was told I am in the next emails to come out so it's hard to tell. Probably second round as the need to give you a months notice. Have until today to accept so some might get emails to fill the spaces required.

Yeah the notice was pretty bad cause it was just under four weeks notice when the first round offers came out. It will be the same notice of just under four weeks if second round offers are out today to commence induction on the 16th of April. There is normally two induction weeks and now with the official start in Templemore then on the 23rd of April confirmed.

My head is melted from the whole waiting process.:(

Yeah the notice was pretty bad cause it was just under four weeks notice when the first round offers came out. It will be the same notice of just under four weeks if second round offers are out today to commence induction on the 16th of April. There is normally two induction weeks and now with the official start in Templemore then on the 23rd of April confirmed.

My head is melted from the whole waiting process.:(

Whats your verdict? Do you think second round are out? Ugh another long long wait ahead it seems.

Whats your verdict? Do you think second round are out? Ugh another long long wait ahead it seems.

Just ring HRM and ask them what the craic is :) I reckon 2nd round will be out tonight or tomorrow though

It's hard to predict:( I think personally they will be out today but HRM say different things to different people so I'm still going to stay optimistic and hopefully they will be out today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement