Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee April Intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ada89

Mid 500s from Sept 2016. Everything completed since July. Vetting still outstanding. So frustrating when people with a worse oom get in ahead of you 🙈

I’m the same. Everything done since August
    OOM of 507. Sat like an eejit since August patiently waiting
    Finally grew a set and rang HRM based on the advice of the other thread
    Only to be told they haven’t received my vetting
    They were surprised I met super in July and it still wasn’t back.
    So they were going to chase it up now ASAP
    So in a nutshell I sat for 4 months nervously waiting on word. Then when I ring (17th December) I find out that bombshell and now people who are ranked less in the OOM are in
    Felt actually so bad seeing everyone getting their offers. But what can you do? Just hope now they get this vetting in ASAP I’m starting to panic in case there’s something in my file ( I had minor motoring offence 5 years ago speeding ) has anyone else anything they are worrying about. Maybe that’s the delay in vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DublinGuy84

Ada89 wrote: »
    I’m the same. Everything done since August
    OOM of 507. Sat like an eejit since August patiently waiting
    Finally grew a set and rang HRM based on the advice of the other thread
    Only to be told they haven’t received my vetting
    They were surprised I met super in July and it still wasn’t back.
    So they were going to chase it up now ASAP
    So in a nutshell I sat for 4 months nervously waiting on word. Then when I ring (17th December) I find out that bombshell and now people who are ranked less in the OOM are in
    Felt actually so bad seeing everyone getting their offers. But what can you do? Just hope now they get this vetting in ASAP I’m starting to panic in case there’s something in my file ( I had minor motoring offence 5 years ago speeding ) has anyone else anything they are worrying about. Maybe that’s the delay in vetting

I wouldn't worry too much about a speeding offence. I had the same offence from a few years ago and the super dismissed it and said it's nothing to worry about during my meeting with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

September 2016 too praying for April intake it really is a long process but hopefully it will be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

YEAH I have 3 penalties - speeding and vetting all done just to be signed off now! Don't worry about it!!!! are all the offers for Feb out even second round?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Anyone from Sept 16 with oom below 100 still waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Anyone no about how many candidates would be left from sept 16 or older compatitons are waiting to go to templemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

vardy98 wrote: »
    Anyone no about how many candidates would be left from sept 16 or older compatitons are waiting to go to templemore.

I'm one of them so there's one to your count lol

September here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

That is a very good question alright, it’s hard to tell really. You would assume the majority of us now is September 2016, I am September 2016 too

Im out guys,I got an offer yesterday!
    Keep the faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

I'm September 16 as well oom 600's

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Has anyone heard of anyone that got refused? Got my name taken a few times like 13-14 years ago for acting the eejit but the super didn't seem to keen. I'm from sept 16 and everything cleared except vetting. Forked out 3 grand for eye surgery too. Surely they couldn't string me along this long? Any ideas?

i am in the same boat as you, have everything done since last june and i am from sept 16 oom 600's . was involved in an investigation into an assault ten years ago and nothing came of it and had a few driving fines nothing else and i am still waiting on vetting. they keep telling me im in a long line to be signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Hi all,

I have my local interview in two weeks, just wondering what its like? is it just a meet and greet or is it proper interview style?

Any help would be much appreciated

For me the sergeant meeting was a breeze he just quickly goes over the petty reasons my name was taken years ago. Things I couldn't even remember but it's in and out and even a they crack a few jokes. It gave me a false sense of security for the meeting with the super which was very intense but I guess that's only if you have stuff to worry about and if you do be prepared for the questions but be totally honest at the same time

In the 600s too mate. I'll be freaked if I didn't because it was old friends doing the messing. One or 2 incidents were a bit serious but that was over a decade ago and I havnt been a around those people for a decade. In the form we weren't asked if we had our name taken. I'm very pissed off it's even in my record. I'd love to know if I'm getting in. Don't know what to be saying to people. I will certainly appeal if I didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nep35

Just reading up on the last few posts , am I the only one that seems to be left from the Jan 16 competition?? Rang up before Christmas told my file is with the commissioner the last few weeks.

Nep35 wrote: »
    Just reading up on the last few posts , am I the only one that seems to be left from the Jan 16 competition?? Rang up before Christmas told my file is with the commissioner the last few weeks.

I'd ring commissioner and ask what is delay!

SinWin wrote: »
    I'd ring commissioner and ask what is delay!

I rang up today and was told my vetting back and they just need to look it over and send to the commissioners for decision. Don't no does this mean it's signed off or still waiting or what.

Clono wrote: »
    I rang up today and was told my vetting back and they just need to look it over and send to the commissioners for decision. Don't no does this mean it's signed off or still waiting or what.

I would suggest that your just waiting senior management to sign off on your file (check and make sure any question marks are answered and all boxes ticked). Sounds like the vetters and crime and security have done ask their work. Your lucky at least your that far along, some of us are still waiting vetting to finish thanks to the long winded thing it can become.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Isiheather00

mrDerek wrote: »
    I wonder how many septembers are left :O im just inside top 200 June 17 would like to think id be in the august intake

Hi I'm June 17 also just wondering have you done either medical or PCT yet just I had the Irish to do in December so wondering am I behind the rest.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CONGUI

twoblub wrote: »
    Anyone from Sept 16 with oom below 100 still waiting?

SEP 16 oom late 200's medical deferred in april but everything passed since September... last time I called HRM was the 22nd and still awaiting vetting :mad:

CONGUI wrote: »
    SEP 16 oom late 200's medical deferred in april but everything passed since September... last time I called HRM was the 22nd and still awaiting vetting :mad:

No comfort I'm sure but your not alone, keto it together mate

I was doing a research last night and read loads of things about Garda trainee - you are on approx 350 per week when you first start, no rent allowance for first 2 years, no OT available, you have to pay for your own healh insurance? Is that true? they were articles from 2016

Does anyone know when the actual offers for April are due to come out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭JKerova1

SinWin wrote: »
    I was doing a research last night and read loads of things about Garda trainee - you are on approx 350 per week when you first start, no rent allowance for first 2 years, no OT available, you have to pay for your own healh insurance? Is that true? they were articles from 2016

Pretty sure things have improved since then, maybe not drastically but they did give them back rent allowance alright.

Do ye reckon we can get rent allowance if you're paying a mortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Des1989

Do people reckon it is March people when next entry notifications are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

Im September 16 too. Will probably be last week in April..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Des1989

Im September 16 too. Will probably be last week in April..

Thanks!What's your oom do you mind me asking? Is all your Vetting done?

Advertisement