Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee April Intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Everyone who got an offer on this tonight is from June 2017 if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully they bash out all the 2016 crew tomorrow!

I've literally given up all shred of hope now and to be honest I'd be looking towards the next intake at this stage. If I had have known I'd be waiting this long I probably wouldn't have applied. Well done to all who got an offer enjoy your time down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cc thomas

I've literally given up all shred of hope now and to be honest I'd be looking towards the next intake at this stage. If I had have known I'd be waiting this long I probably wouldn't have applied. Well done to all who got an offer enjoy your time down there.

There is bound to be more tomorrow I was from the 16 campaign so they haven't forgot about us just there taking there time reaching us

cc thomas wrote: »
    There is bound to be more tomorrow I was from the 16 campaign so they haven't forgot about us just there taking there time reaching us

Seems to be a good mix of 2016/2017 today so I reckon all offers are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cc thomas

Anyone any tips for us starting off on the induction week?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Seems to be a good mix of 2016/2017 today so I reckon all offers are out.

Called hrm there. Apparently I'm still in a large list of people waited to be checked for suitability and I'll be there for a while they reckon so that's game over for now. I had to stop myself asking why are there people who started this process nearly a year later off this suitability list

• Advertisement

Called hrm there. Apparently I'm still in a large list of people waited to be checked for suitability and I'll be there for a while they reckon so that's game over for now. I had to stop myself asking why are there people who started this process nearly a year later off this suitability list

I did the exact same thing this morning and was told the same. I guess our vetting came back all clear after they had made their minds up about who's going in the April intake and now we're on the final check stage ready for August. I'd like to think that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

So that's it now until the next one, well phek that. Good luck.

Vision now of how HRM looks

medium_YgYNzdVSdUwqAixFhhNenrRDjslROtkdLUjJsfmC_2w.jpg

I did the exact same thing this morning and was told the same. I guess our vetting came back all clear after they had made their minds up about who's going in the April intake and now we're on the final check stage ready for August. I'd like to think that anyway.

I like your optimism! Call me pessimistic but it feels like more of a maybe pile of people who they aren't sure on. Sure we'll have this conversation in about 4 months I reckon;-)

TallGlass wrote: »
    So that's it now until the next one, well phek that. Good luck.

Vision now of how HRM looks

medium_YgYNzdVSdUwqAixFhhNenrRDjslROtkdLUjJsfmC_2w.jpg

Haha At least I minds are at ease for another few months

I like your optimism! Call me pessimistic but it feels like more of a maybe pile of people who they aren't sure on. Sure we'll have this conversation in about 4 months I reckon;-)

Ah well she said that my vetting is clear and that I'm just in the queue for the final check. I don't see any reason why I'd be unsuitable so I'm just hoping that it was just a case of my vetting took extra long to clear and not in time for April. Optimism is all we have at the moment haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Loulou4

I just got an offer from HRM! I'm in such shock!! I thought April was filled? I

Loulou4 wrote: »

So did I! June 2017? Congrats;-)

Yes 2017.. I'm in shock.. I did my physical last week

Congrats man! Were you from June?? Did you have the suitability email a few weeks ago?

I meant so did I I thought it was booked. Don't worry lads. I'm still offerless

Hahahaha I see another thread opened up for July intake I might leave my depression in this thread and head over to that one.

I feel awful that your waiting so long.. it's very unfair.

Congrats man! Were you from June?? Did you have the suitability email a few weeks ago?

Sorry for the confusion bud. I didn't get an offer. I meant so did I think the offers were out. No luck for me unfortunately

Hahahaha I see another thread opened up for July intake I might leave my depression in this thread and head over to that one.

Best of luck I hope you get the offers first

Well done! Could be that some people declined offers and they're filling the spaces with the next on the list.

• Advertisement

I feel awful that your waiting so long.. it's very unfair.

Ah I've an unnatural amount of aunties and uncles. Maybe that explains it!

Well done! Could be that some people declined offers and they're filling the spaces with the next on the list.

I duno I did my physical on the 13th of March! And I never left the country or have a large family so my vetting was cleared ages ago I knew that! But I really wish you all the luck for July!

Ah I've an unnatural amount of aunties and uncles. Maybe that explains it!

And I've an unnatural lack of family!! So maybe it was in my favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Aaron_998

Just got the offer myself, June 17, literally just passed PCT Tuesday and offer today! Wasn’t expecting it so soon

I never got any email about suitability

Aaron_998 wrote: »
    Just got the offer myself, June 17, literally just passed PCT Tuesday and offer today! Wasn’t expecting it so soon

Same.. I don't know how we got these so quick. Congrats and see you down there

I never got any email about suitability

I'm fairly sure it's the response email you get if you email them after your security vetting has come back clear but before you get the final check.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Des1989

Hi lads did someone say they were setting up a wattsapp group for April Intake if so could you send me a pm or announce yourself here and il message you cheers!

I'm fairly sure it's the response email you get if you email them after your security vetting has come back clear but before you get the final check.

No I got no email about my vetting or anything like that. Only dates for my medical, physical and now the offer are all the emails I've received from HRM

• Advertisement

No I got no email about my vetting or anything like that. Only dates for my medical, physical and now the offer are all the emails I've received from HRM

Yeah you'd only get an email regarding your vetting if you emailed them inquiring about it.

Advertisement