Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee April Intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    I can't believe it I'm after getting offered April this evening. I only met my Inspector this morning who said he was recommending me to HRM later and that I'd prob make July Batch. Then at 17:30 I get an email inviting me to start April 23rd. Induction for 4 days from April 9th to 12th. Over the moon and speechless

Congrats well done:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 damo2002

Got an.offer today im September 16 its says my registration is the 9th but induction the 16th anyone else got their registration the 9th but induction the 16th

damo2002 wrote: »
    Got an.offer today im September 16 its says my registration is the 9th but induction the 16th anyone else got their registration the 9th but induction the 16th

Congrats well done

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stephen13

Just got an offer for April myself over the moon from Sep2016 OOM mid 700 Yes I am the same as you registration on 9th induction on the 16th

stephen13 wrote: »
    Just got an offer for April myself over the moon from Sep2016 OOM mid 700 Yes I am the same as you registration on 9th induction on the 16th

What times are these offers out at folks please? Just trying to gauge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Well done lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Ah well done. I'm mid 700s as well bit I think I'm missing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sash1

Congrats lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Don't put any weight on OOM, don't put any weight one what year your from either. It doesn't matter, there is some other selection criteria at play here. My guess is location, they know where your going before you even sign a form, it's the only logical thing I can think of.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Don't put any weight on OOM, don't put any weight one what year your from either. It doesn't matter, there is some other selection criteria at play here. My guess is location, they know where your going before you even sign a form, it's the only logical thing I can think of.

I know you've been waiting since January have you rang recently?? Did you've to resit your medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sash1

Great to see there not forgeting about the rest of sept 16! Was your vetting only cleared lately?? Best of luck in templemore

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ericoh97

Just got an email inviting me to join the April intake, over the moon, can't wait to see up there lads

ericoh97 wrote: »
    Just got an email inviting me to join the April intake, over the moon, can't wait to see up there lads

Induction day on the 16th-19th!

Well done.

Well done.

Thanks very much!

Thanks very much!

Happy days. Are you 2016?

Happy days. Are you 2016?

No bud I'm from 2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

Congrats , well done. Just wondering while you were waiting did you ring HRM to see what the hold up was and if so what did they tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

No bud I'm from 2017

Congrats !! When did u have Pct ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

damo2002 wrote: »

Congrats that’s brilliant just wondering while you were waiting did you ring HRM to see what the hold up was and if so what did they tell you?

• Advertisement

Kerry1992 wrote: »
    Congrats !! When did u have Pct ??

Cheers! Pct was three weeks ago, didn't dream I'd be called this fast !

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

Would anyone know roughly when the intake after July is?
    Judging by the trend it would be the end of October but would just like any other opinions.

Also, is it easy to seek a deferral, I might need one and was wondering what the HRM would require ie proof etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Judging by the trend it would be the end of October but would just like any other opinions.

Also, is it easy to seek a deferral, I might need one and was wondering what the HRM would require ie proof etc

The time I done the stage at the test centre and the orientation in Dublin the guard from HR who gave the talk told us we would be looking at November intake. So I'd say November will be the one after the summer. Not sure about the deferral.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

FIVE.0 wrote: »

The time I done the stage at the test centre and the orientation in Dublin the guard from HR who gave the talk told us we would be looking at November intake. So I'd say November will be the one after the summer. Not sure about the deferral.

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Generally speaking the only reason they give a deferral is so you can complete exams in your final year of college.
    Last December I was offered a place in January. I requested a deferral as my wife was 40 weeks pregnant at the time of the offer. The deferral was granted with no guarantee of a place again. I was offered a place for the April intake recently and took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Just got an invite for April, induction 16th. Fully thought that april was out of the window. Shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

MrPaudieQ wrote: »
    Just got an invite for April, induction 16th. Fully thought that april was out of the window. Shocked

I noticed wasn't it you set up the July thread. Well done, it's been a long wait I'm sure but over now. All the best down there. And same to all of you. And spare a thought for those still waiting, it can be a painfully long road.

Mutter Nutter

Sine Timore Aut Favore

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

mutter_man wrote: »
    I noticed wasn't it you set up the July thread. Well done, it's been a long wait I'm sure but over now. All the best down there. And same to all of you. And spare a thought for those still waiting, it can be a painfully long road.

Mutter Nutter

Sine Timore Aut Favore

Yea to be honest i had given up all hope, i sent an e’mail around the day the second offers were out and was told vetting checks were still outstanding.
    Delighted now to be fair.

I know the wait is painful, even more is the not knowing. I do hope to see ye all up in the college be it April or July. I’ll be keeping an eye on the threads wishing ye all the best

Regards

P

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

mutter_man wrote: »

Mutter Nutter

Sine Timore Aut Favore

Got an offer last week too. Wasn't expecting it at all and it's only sinking in now! I really hope you get a call soon and wish you the best. Thanks for all your advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 AmyOConnor93

Got the offer today !!!! From june 2016 batch, had the interview in october 2016, medical in feb 2017 and fitness in march 2017. over a year later and all the emails and pestering phonecalls to HRM paid off! Congrats to all !

Advertisement