Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee April Intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

Des1989 wrote: »
    Thanks!What's your oom do you mind me asking? Is all your Vetting done?

Early 600's! Yeah it is

• Registered Users Posts: 31 floggmolly

Hi all, I'm playing the waiting game too! I'm from June 2017 with oom just over 100! How did ye check up on yere vetting? Ring HRM was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

floggmolly wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm playing the waiting game too! I'm from June 2017 with oom just over 100! How did ye check up on yere vetting? Ring HRM was it?

Do you have the physical done? Haven’t heard of anyone from june 17 having it done

MrPaudieQ wrote: »
    Do you have the physical done? Haven’t heard of anyone from june 17 having it done

No, I've all done except physical! I met the Sergeant and Inspector!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 spfmorris

i am from June 2017 and my oom is just under 100. i have done my medical, had my meetings with the super and inspector, and been down to templemore for the open day.

have you gotten any news about your physical?

• Advertisement

spfmorris wrote: »
    i am from June 2017 and my oom is just under 100. i have done my medical, had my meetings with the super and inspector, and been down to templemore for the open day.

have you gotten any news about your physical?

Yeah, all the same as yourself! No word on Physical yet. Yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Same here. Just waiting on date for physical

• Registered Users Posts: 9 spfmorris

No word at all, playing the waiting game. at least im not the only one from june 17 no idea when the physical will be

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Has anyone from June 17 campaign and has the medical in November passed, but still not been called for their local station interview? Haven’t been called myself so just wondering if there’s others in the same boat or if I need to chase with HRM.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NeeNawNeeNaw

Hey guys, seen a few questions on the physical. I'm from the September 2016 campaign oom low 500s. I failed my physical back in october and was told I'd be called back in 3 months so I should be due for a retest in late january/early February. For those waiting on the physical, if guess some of ye will get a date for around then too.
    I rang HRM a good while back before I did my physical. Ultimately it's up to templemore when they release dates for the physical. They like to do them in batches throughout the year. Hope this helps somewhat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Hi guys, is there a number you can ring to chase up on medical date other than HRM in Garda HQ?

Rang them and they just said the college sends them names for medicals at random and that the OOM has nothing to do with it?!! Strange, doesn’t sound right.

I’m from June 17, top 100 OOM and nothing yet on medical, super/sergeant meeting or physical either.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Alberto17 wrote: »
    Hi guys, is there a number you can ring to chase up on medical date other than HRM in Garda HQ?

Rang them and they just said the college sends them names for medicals at random and that the OOM has nothing to do with it?!! Strange, doesn’t sound right.

I’m from June 17, top 100 OOM and nothing yet on medical, super/sergeant meeting or physical either.

Thanks.

College sends dates for physicals and med section allocate spots for medicals. Neither mind what you're oom is. They just want to know you are at a stage where you can be invited. After that they just send out invites to x number of people per group, and oom doesn't seem to factor in it. Oom only seems to count once you have everything including vetting and sign off done. Then if yours is high enough among those who are all ready you get invite to training. If not you wait.

Note for all. Crime and security who do most of your vetting typically don't start working through your file till you've had a pct invite and are medically cleared. I'm sure that's not set in stone but who knows. Vetting would rarely take less than 3-4 months and for some considerably longer. From the progress i can make out June 17 be prepared to be waiting longer than next intake and some a lot longer yet. Vetting does tend to be quicker the fewer addreses and cleaner your family but there are other factors known only to the magic castle so try to be patient.

HRM can tell you when vetting is back but no more than yes it is or no it isn't. So enjoy the view, be patient and try not to hound them.

Post Tenebris Lux

Mutter Nutter

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mango167

Anyone know what date next offers are out for april 2018? I have everthing passed just waiting, waiting and waiting!!

Mango167 wrote: »
    Anyone know what date next offers are out for april 2018? I have everthing passed just waiting, waiting and waiting!!

Id guess sometime around mid march but that's based on the assumption that the group will start around the mid to end of April. Vetting I'm guessing holding you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Des1989

mutter_man wrote: »
    Id guess sometime around mid march but that's based on the assumption that the group will start around the mid to end of April. Vetting I'm guessing holding you up.

You would imagine find out around paddys day and won't start until after Easter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

I've read the whole thread and didn't see it mentioned. So can I just ask if anyone here has the Leaving Cert Applied qualification?

job seeker wrote: »
    I've read the whole thread and didn't see it mentioned. So can I just ask if anyone here has the Leaving Cert Applied qualification?

Im guessing your looking to see how you compare requirements wise for applying or how the prices ruins etc and see if anyone can shed any light. If you haven't already try ask the questions on a more populated thread. As this is intake specific its likely to be watched by less people. All the best,

Post Tenebris Lux

Mutter Nutter

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

job seeker wrote: »

Hi,
    If your asking does the leaving Cert Applied allow for entry to the Garda trainee competition, the answer is yes. I hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Im guessing your looking to see how you compare requirements wise for applying or how the prices ruins etc and see if anyone can shed any light. If you haven't already try ask the questions on a more populated thread. As this is intake specific its likely to be watched by less people. All the best,

Post Tenebris Lux

Mutter Nutter

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    Hi,
    If your asking does the leaving Cert Applied allow for entry to the Garda trainee competition, the answer is yes. I hope this helps

Okay, Thanks! I have the L.C.A so I was just wondering if it was accepted. I searched alot of past Gardai campaigns and some people said no, others said yes.. It also appread that it was accepted in the past. Then not accepted a number of years later. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

Contacted HR today, next intake offers will be out Mid March start of college late April she said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

SinWin wrote: »
    Contacted HR today, next intake offers will be out Mid March start of college late April she said.
    Thanks for that valuable bit of information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NeeNawNeeNaw

SinWin wrote: »

Thanks for the info, fingers crossed for everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭diddlybo

I emailed them today to find out about my vetting and they said the next intake is mid April with induction the first two weeks or April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CCFC1984

Was wondering have a high oom (122)from June 2017 have the medica done, met the sergeant and super and have the physical next week on feb 3rd. Is it likely if I pass the physical first time that I’ll be in the April 2018 intake or am I going to be waiting much longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

CCFC1984 wrote: »
    Was wondering have a high oom (122)from June 2017 have the medica done, met the sergeant and super and have the physical next week on feb 3rd. Is it likely if I pass the physical first time that I’ll be in the April 2018 intake or am I going to be waiting much longer?

I’m in the exact same boat as you, I hope so but it’s impossible to say, see you Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Is there anyone else from Kerry (or just June 17) who did their medical in November still waiting on their station interviews and PCT date??

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    I’m in the exact same boat as you, I hope so but it’s impossible to say, see you Saturday

Not wanting to trample hopes especially seeing as none of us really know 100%. But don't get your hopes up, if it doesn't pan out it makes the whole process a lot more stressful for ya. Vetting by crime and security starts around the time you get your pct invite. It takes a minimum of 4 months often longer (would imagine there's very rare cases where it's less but not many). Then factor in there is still a fair few left over from September 16, and who's vetting one by one will be getting finished or already is done. Can't say not a chance but try not to get worked up about it to avoid unnecessary stress folks :) .

Sine Timore Aut Favore

Mutter Nutter

Not wanting to trample hopes especially seeing as none of us really know 100%. But don't get your hopes up, if it doesn't pan out it makes the whole process a lot more stressful for ya. Vetting by crime and security starts around the time you get your pct invite. It takes a minimum of 4 months often longer (would imagine there's very rare cases where it's less but not many). Then factor in there is still a fair few left over from September 16, and who's vetting one by one will be getting finished or already is done. Can't say not a chance but try not to get worked up about it to avoid unnecessary stress folks :) .

Sine Timore Aut Favore

Mutter Nutter

Most of sept 16 have gone into templemore now, vetting by local garda on you and your family would have been completed by now. So if you have a high oom April is promising,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭JKerova1

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    Most of sept 16 have gone into templemore now, vetting by local garda on you and your family would have been completed by now. So if you have a high oom April is promising,

I know of a good few from Sept 16 who deferred or had to repeat PCT who are still waiting so I'd take nothing for granted.

• Advertisement

JKerova1 wrote: »
    I know of a good few from Sept 16 who deferred or had to repeat PCT who are still waiting so I'd take nothing for granted.

Ya but people who defer are usually put back ages for the people who don’t defer and pass there pct.

Advertisement