Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee April Intake 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Dear applicant,

I can confirm your file has now been signed off.

Offers for the next class intake will be made in the coming days. Should we reach your place on the order of merit, you may receive an offer to attend.

Kind regards

That's the email I got back.. so hopefully this week. I got that the other day

I am hoping the offers will be out today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Donegal2018

I am hoping the offers will be out today :)

Any joy??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭diddlybo

It looks like no luck this week. This wait will be the death of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Donegal2018

diddlybo wrote: »
    It looks like no luck this week. This wait will be the death of me.

That's ridiculous after them telling us offers will be out in coming days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wigman18

Been following this thread and the other one from February for a long time . Rang today and told everything has been signed off and offers will be out in the next coming days so it will be next week now. I am from sept 2016 competition.

Any joy??

Nope no joy.

Early next week hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Coming days......2 to 30 days by the looks of it 😰😰

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Servo91

Are offers given out by email/ phone or post does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Servo91 wrote: »
    Are offers given out by email/ phone or post does anyone know?

Email.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Is there anyone still waiting from the jan 2016 campaign or even before That?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Is there anyone still waiting from the jan 2016 campaign or even before That?

I do believe there is a very small few remain yes, but id doubt there's too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sjh191

I am from jan2016 with an OOM in the early 600’s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Sjh191 wrote: »
    I am from jan2016 with an OOM in the early 600’s.

I hope you get this intake because thats a long time to be waiting.

I hope you get this intake because thats a long time to be waiting.

Thanks a mill.
    I hit a few road blocks that caused the delay but I am hopeful this intake is the one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SinWin

Sjh191 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill.
    I hit a few road blocks that caused the delay but I am hopeful this intake is the one!

Are you signed off?Did you have to re do your PCT and Medical?

Best of luck to everyone this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NeeNawNeeNaw

Job has been advertised for the next Comissioner

https://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/73715.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Job has been advertised for the next Comissioner

https://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/73715.htm

Im not sure I'll go for this one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EoinM96

Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows if the April offers are out yet or how much notice they give for an intake and how they offer it. I have all stages passed since august of 2017 and no offer yet, figured as I am in college they may leave the offer til I finish this coming may but at this stage I'm really wondering if I'll get one at all any answers would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭diddlybo

EoinM96 wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows if the April offers are out yet or how much notice they give for an intake and how they offer it. I have all stages passed since august of 2017 and no offer yet, figured as I am in college they may leave the offer til I finish this coming may but at this stage I'm really wondering if I'll get one at all any answers would be appreciated

Offers are expected to be out this week which would give you four weeks notice. As far as I know you can defer an intake if you have a reason such as finishing college.

It's worth getting your degree though as you can skip three pay scales after your first few years in the job.

• Advertisement

If you have everything done and your vetting is clear and file signed off you will get an offer 100% but when only God knows,

I doubt they are waiting on you to finish college to offer you a place, more like you have just been lucky/unlucky you haven't got one and you may be able to finish college... If you get an offer for April it is really up to you, you can defer it if you wish to finish your college or leave college to join Templemore.

diddlybo wrote: »
    Offers are expected to be out this week which would give you four weeks notice. As far as I know you can defer an intake if you have a reason such as finishing college.

It's worth getting your degree though as you can skip three pay scales after your first few years in the job.

Yeah I was always going to defer for sure I'm able to defer one intake so was hoping for April intake and then defer until the summer, do you know when next intake after April is?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

Yeah I was always going to defer for sure I'm able to defer one intake so was hoping for April intake and then defer until the summer, do you know when next intake after April is?

August is after April.

SinWin wrote: »
    If you have everything done and your vetting is clear and file signed off you will get an offer 100% but when only God knows,

I doubt they are waiting on you to finish college to offer you a place, more like you have just been lucky/unlucky you haven't got one and you may be able to finish college... If you get an offer for April it is really up to you, you can defer it if you wish to finish your college or leave college to join Templemore.

Not sure has the form been signed off on i just assumed it had since I had not heard anything from them after finishing fitness test, I'm defo going to defer and have a holiday planned just after I finish college and was hoping to defer this intake til next one in summer to avoid hanging around after finishing degree

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    August is after April.

Thanks a million fingers crossed for April intake so and defer til August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

I met local sergeant and inspector last year after my medical do I need to meet the superintendent aswell before I am signed off.

• Advertisement

leestone wrote: »
    I met local sergeant and inspector last year after my medical do I need to meet the superintendent aswell before I am signed off.

Well the process is normally meet the Sergeant and Inspector OR Superintendent.

You should ring HR to see if your vetting is clear and if you're signed off.

What do you reckon your delay Is? I'm from the 2016 Sept campaign and everything finished apart from vetting. I've a massive extended family. Auntys and uncles and sister's living abroad. I lived abroad too. I've a feeling it will delay me a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

If you meet sgt super does that mean your vetting is finished

22832 wrote: »
    If you meet sgt super does that mean your vetting is finished

no it doesn't mean you are finished. Meet sgt and super is a part of your vetting. They just need to clarify to whomever that you are fit to be a Garda.

Anyone else from Sep 2016 who's vetting is still outstanding? At this stage I'm aiming for August haha.

• Advertisement

I emailed hrm and got a response along the lines of my file is awaiting decision regarding suitability for the position of garda Trainee.
    Anyone else get a response like this?

Yep I just got the same email today. It said I was in the queue waiting to be checked for suitability. I'm guessing our vetting is clear but we're in the maybe pile. I was a bit freaked when I seen it. Is there any reasons you can think of why you wouldn't get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 pedrigo

What is the purpose of the meeting with the sgt/super? Do they have a chat with you/ask a few questions to determine you're suitability or do they check you're not registered on pulse or have any outstanding issues? Basically is it just a formality or do they thoroughly check you out?

Yep I just got the same email today. It said I was in the queue waiting to be checked for suitability. I'm guessing our vetting is clear but we're in the maybe pile. I was a bit freaked when I seen it. Is there any reasons you can think of why you wouldn't get it?

Hmmm I'm not sure. I was in the English army for 6 years and lived over there and I also have a relative who, let's say made some poor life choices however I have zero contact with this person and haven't spoke to them in about 10 years so hopefully it's the army thing holding me up. What do you think about your situation?

Still no offers out...

Nerves gone...

Is there anything to be said for another mass???

A lot of people here seem to be posting they got an email ‘file is awaiting decision regarding suitability for the position of garda Trainee.’ dose this mean the vetting is clear and your application need to be signed off by the commissioner or there’s a problem with vetting???

A lot of people here seem to be posting they got an email ‘file is awaiting decision regarding suitability for the position of garda Trainee.’ dose this mean the vetting is clear and your application need to be signed off by the commissioner or there’s a problem with vetting???

I got that exact email today. Maybe the vetting is finished and just waiting to be signed off. It has me freaked though!

I got that exact email today. Maybe the vetting is finished and just waiting to be signed off. It has me freaked though!

Lad you should ring hrm and ask them, I’m not sure how the vetting works in the HQ.

Lad you should ring hrm and ask them, I’m not sure how the vetting works in the HQ.

Hmmm I'm not sure. I was in the English army for 6 years and lived over there and I also have a relative who, let's say made some poor life choices however I have zero contact with this person and haven't spoke to them in about 10 years so hopefully it's the army thing holding me up. What do you think about your situation?

I hung around with one or 2 eejits when I was younger and had my name taken with them like 13 years ago but sure that is ancient history but they weren't letting it go in the meeting. So I've been worried that they would use that as an excuse not to accept me. Pure stress!

Dear applicant,

I can confirm your file has now been signed off.

Offers for the next class intake will be made in the coming days. Should we reach your place on the order of merit, you may receive an offer to attend.

Kind regards

That's the email I got back.. so hopefully this week. I got that the other day

Congrats man. By any chance before you got that email did you get the suitability senior manager message?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Walshy938

Hey everyone I have my fitness tomorrow and have been more or less told ill be in the April intake as everything else is done and dusted. Im from June 2017 so fingers crossed they start emailing offers by the end of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

Walshy938 wrote: »
    Hey everyone I have my fitness tomorrow and have been more or less told ill be in the April intake as everything else is done and dusted. Im from June 2017 so fingers crossed they start emailing offers by the end of the week!
    Who told you that?

Mowley wrote: »
    Who told you that?

I wouldn’t count your chickens just yet mate, this oom system isn’t a good gauge. And there’s no way HRM would tell you your in until everything is ticked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Walshy938

I wouldn’t count your chickens just yet mate, this oom system isn’t a good gauge. And there’s no way HRM would tell you your in until everything is ticked off.

A friend is a suprintendant and he was onto the college. They told him the next round of offers will be out shortly for April apparently.

Walshy938 wrote: »
    A friend is a suprintendant and he was onto the college. They told him the next round of offers will be out shortly for April apparently.

Didn't think it was safe for canvassing anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

Wish they would just tell us now what the story is for April. Not long away at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

has anyone made a call to hrm to find out what that email is all about?

I got the same email this morning saying my file is awaiting decision.

Clono wrote: »
    has anyone made a call to hrm to find out what that email is all about?

I got the same email this morning saying my file is awaiting decision.

When your file is returned from vetting it goes to senior management to be signed off.
    Once your signed off your OOM comes into play.

Just because your not signed off right now doesn’t mean your completely out of the running for April.
    They will release first round offers and then depending on how many deferrals etc you might be signed off then and called in the second round.

Let’s hooe the offers kick off today so we are all put out of our misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NeeNawNeeNaw

If anyone is making a call to HRM, could they ask about when offers will be out and post the reply on this discussion?

• Advertisement

If anyone is making a call to HRM, could they ask about when offers will be out and post the reply on this discussion?

Rang HRM my file is awaiting sign off by senior management. Last time I rang which was before Christmas my vetting was not clear but thank God vetting is clear now. I asked what day the offers are out but didn't answer my question only got back....in the coming days.

Advertisement