Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Banks & Credit Card

• 20-12-2017 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Thinking of changing bank from BOI as they are expensive and look like they will always be miles behind regarding technology. I have a current account with them and a credit card.

I have no idea if the two are linked or not. If I was to change bank account (and close the BOI current account) would the BOI credit card still be operational or would that close down with the closure of the current account?

Or would I be best to change the credit card to the other bank at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian

They're very unlikely to be linked in any way other than belonging to the same customer. Credit card has it's own account, which is basically bank's money. I don't think closing current account will result in termination of credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

I did just that a few years ago. Closed my BOI current account and kept the BOI credit card. No issues, still have access to banking 365.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Thanks folks. I thought that. Looking forward to leaving BOI!

Advertisement