Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consultant in Limerick

Options
  • 20-12-2017 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations of which consultant to go with in Limerick? I think I'll go private this time as I have a few medical issues that make things more complicated than the average pregnancy.

I went public with my first, was assigned to Burke, but mostly was scanned by Dr Imchu who seemed good. Considering her but curious if anyone had any other opinions on others to share.

My GP says they're all good and she didn't steer me away from anyone. She's pretty straight up so I think would have told me if one was a bit flakey or anything.

I'll obviously check who's on holidays etc around my due date in August and discount them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I live in Limerick and I am currently pregnant with my second baby. I considered going private for first baby as I have a long complicated medical history but my gp said I would be treated the same as a private patient because of my history. The Consultant I had in my previous pregnancy has retired and I am currently under Prof Amanda Cotter. If I was to go Privately I would choose either Prof Amanda Cotter or Mr Kevin Hickey. Both are amazing as I have had dealings with both although Mr Hickey does take the month of August off every year. I am unsure when Prof Cotter takes time off as I was not under her care in August. I hope this has helped and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

I live in Limerick and I am currently pregnant with my second baby. I considered going private for first baby as I have a long complicated medical history but my gp said I would be treated the same as a private patient because of my history. The Consultant I had in my previous pregnancy has retired and I am currently under Prof Amanda Cotter. If I was to go Privately I would choose either Prof Amanda Cotter or Mr Kevin Hickey. Both are amazing as I have had dealings with both although Mr Hickey does take the month of August off every year. I am unsure when Prof Cotter takes time off as I was not under her care in August. I hope this has helped and best of luck.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think Hickey is taking private patients anymore? May be wrong on that. Cotter is taking 2 weeks in the middle of August so I ruled her out on that as it overlapped with my due date. At least she had her holidays nailed down though! The rest of the secretaries didn't have concrete holiday dates which is quite annoying! Ugh. It looks like most of them will be taking some time off in August so it's just something I'll have to accept.

Went public the first time and was pretty happy with the service but my GP really recommended going private if it wasn't a big stretch financially because I have a few medical conditions that could complicate things. Didn't have much in the way of complications first time around other than a tricky enough delivery but it was well handled.

I've booked in with Skehan so I guess I'll see how it goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

We went private with Dr Slevin. Very straightforward and reassuring, and extremely respected in his field. Excellent when you see him, though there can be a delay in getting to see him.

My wife went into premature labour and required a C-section. He was unavailable, but recommended Dr Naro, who performed the surgery, and whom we found also excellent.

Advertisement