Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buddhism or Meditation in Kildare?

Options
  • 20-12-2017 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Is anyone aware of any Buddhism center`s in or around Kildare? I`d like to learn more about practicing under the Buddhism philosophies and find books don`t quiet do the trick. I`d like something a bit more interactive than just reading, like a workshop or similar.

Alternatively, is there any meditation / mindfulness workshops available?
    The only result I am getting on a Google search is "McAuley Place" in Newbridge but there is nothing on their website with anything resembling what I am looking for.

Appreciate it thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

Yoga Essence in Celbridge do a meditation practice and have events on Saturdays every so often. Outside of that the Sanctuary in Dublin City is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

StrawDub wrote: »
    Yoga Essence in Celbridge do a meditation practice and have events on Saturdays every so often. Outside of that the Sanctuary in Dublin City is your best bet.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Chris McMahon in Maynooth has meditation classes, well worth a chat to him

http://www.treatmentroom.ie/pages/therapies.html

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Just outside Kildare, near Slane/Navan in Meath, there's a Shaolin Buddhist Temple.
    www.kungfu.ie

But Chris @ The Treatment Room in Maynooth is really good too.

Advertisement