Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to phone Eir Mobile by phone.

Options
  • 20-12-2017 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi. I'm trying to get in contact with Eir Mobile by phone but just get through to message asking for my eir mobile number. I'm no longer an Eir mobile customer and don't know number relating to query.
    I was a meteor ready to go customer and called into local Meteor shop enquiring what was best way to set up account to have data while on holidays. They suggested I change to a bill pay tariff. I wasn't particularly happy with this idea but they pointed out advantages. They said that I could cancel once I get home but as my bank card was to expire in July, it would automatically cancel then. I used the account for data while on holiday. The package did not in any way live up to what was promised but not much can be done about that. I did not cancel when I got back, knowing that it would finish once my card expired.
    I continued to receive notification looking for payment. At this stage, I wasn't using eir/meteor for data on my phone (phone has 2 sim cards). I continued to receive bills by text.i called into Eir mobile shop & explained. I was told that this should not be happening. At this point I needed the EUR sim for data. The shop said throw away old sim & gave me a new one. Said that after a number of months of no use, the old one would expire.
    I then received letter from company seeking to recover the €73 that is outstanding. It's only 73 but on matter of principle, I'm not going to pay. I was explained to the finance company who contacted Eir. This morning they suggest I contact eir directly. That's where I'm at now. Can't contact them to talk about it. Not much point in calling into shop, but I'll try asap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BinLiner2

Just forget it about and enjoy the Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Jomcc wrote: »
    Hi. I'm trying to get in contact with Eir Mobile by phone but just get through to message asking for my eir mobile number. I'm no longer an Eir mobile customer and don't know number relating to query.
    I was a meteor ready to go customer and called into local Meteor shop enquiring what was best way to set up account to have data while on holidays. They suggested I change to a bill pay tariff. I wasn't particularly happy with this idea but they pointed out advantages. They said that I could cancel once I get home but as my bank card was to expire in July, it would automatically cancel then. I used the account for data while on holiday. The package did not in any way live up to what was promised but not much can be done about that. I did not cancel when I got back, knowing that it would finish once my card expired.
    I continued to receive notification looking for payment. At this stage, I wasn't using eir/meteor for data on my phone (phone has 2 sim cards). I continued to receive bills by text.i called into Eir mobile shop & explained. I was told that this should not be happening. At this point I needed the EUR sim for data. The shop said throw away old sim &  gave me a new one. Said that after a number of months of no use, the old one would expire.
    I then received letter from company seeking to recover the €73 that is outstanding. It's only 73 but on matter of principle, I'm not going to pay. I was explained to the finance company who contacted Eir. This morning they suggest I contact eir directly. That's where I'm at now. Can't contact them to talk about it. Not much point in calling into shop, but I'll try asap.
    Hi Jomcc, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service. 

The customer care team on 1901 will be able to investigate this for you. If you dial * on the main menu it will get you through to the mobile team.
    They can assist you further from there.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Hi Jomcc, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service. 

The customer care team on 1901 will be able to investigate this for you. If you dial * on the main menu it will get you through to the mobile team.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Tracey. Do you know if that's a freephone number from another network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Jomcc, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Tracey. Do you know if that's a freephone number from another network?
    Hi, Tracy is out of office at the moment so I'm picking up for her. To answer your question 1901 is free from any network.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi, Tracy is out of office at the moment so I'm picking up for her. To answer your question 1901 is free from any network.

- Adam

Still having difficulty in getting through to a human being. Following instructions, entered my mobile number and it says does not recognize it. If Eir wants to discuss situation with me, I'm available but not wasting any more of my time trying to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I continued to receive notification looking for payment. At this stage, I wasn't using eir/meteor for data on my phone (phone has 2 sim cards). I continued to receive bills by text.i called into Eir mobile shop & explained. I was told that this should not be happening. At this point I needed the EUR sim for data. The shop said throw away old sim &  gave me a new one. Said that after a number of months of no use, the old one would expire.
    Hi Jomcc,

I understand your frustration at this time, I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Would you like to PM me your mobile number and pin that you had with Eir, I would be happy to look into this for you.

In the meantime, I would recommend contacting the store where you signed up initially to query the information they gave you in regards to cancelling.

Thanks

Tracey

Hello, 
    Unfortunately I still cannot contact anyone in Eir to sort out this problem. The only contact that I can make with a human being is via Aravato who are acting on behalf of Eir trying to recover money being charged to me as a result of error by Meteor. HOW CAN I SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN EIR? 
     I was advised here to go to the store. I did that and they completely agree that I am correct in not paying. They have advised me to make an official complaint to Eir and then pass it on to Comreg. As I cannot get to talk to someone in Eir, I am not sure of how to proceed with this.
     At this stage it would cost me much less to pay the €73 than to pursue this but on a matter of principle I am going as far as it takes in this case. Meteor gave me incorrect information. Eir are now saying that they do not have any notification from me to cancel the contract. Of course they don't since I was informed by an employee of Meteor that I do not need to as my debit card expired in July. 
     Thankfully I don't owe as much as €1 to anybody either personally or in business. Our business has being going since 1949. We have been customers of Eir for most of this time other than for a short while about 10 years ago when we moved but moved back. In 2017 alone, we paid Eir € 3240.41. Needless to say, this will change very soon.

Please give me a contact number where I can contact Eir. There is no point in giving me a number where I will have to enter my expired Meteor mobile number which your system no longer recognises.

Advertisement