Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dIRECT DEBIT HELP

Options
  • 20-12-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I am in need of some help. I was told by my phone company 3, to contact you in relation to cancelling a direct debit amount which is due to be taken from my account today. I have informed 3 that the amount was paid on 17 December but they said because I paid the bill before the due date, the amount that I have already paid is still due today as they cannot cancel the direct debit. They have informed me to contact you regading the matter. I have paid my bill with 3 for the month and I cannot afford to have another €65.92 taken from my account when there is no need for it to be taken. I am wondering if you can advise me on whether or not the direct debit can be cancelled?

Thank you,

[font=Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

Lee Lynch 

[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hello,

I am in need of some help. I was told by my phone company 3, to contact you in relation to cancelling a direct debit amount which is due to be taken from my account today. I have informed 3 that the amount was paid on 17 December but they said because I paid the bill before the due date, the amount that I have already paid is still due today as they cannot cancel the direct debit. They have informed me to contact you regading the matter. I have paid my bill with 3 for the month and I cannot afford to have another €65.92 taken from my account when there is no need for it to be taken. I am wondering if you can advise me on whether or not the direct debit can be cancelled?

Thank you,

[font=Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

Lee Lynch 

[/font]
    Hi Lee,

Thanks for getting in touch here on Boards.

If you have a SEPA Direct Debit set up to pay your bill it'll be too late to cancel for todays payment. Direct Debits are set up to start processing between 6 and 10 business days before the payment is due to leave your account. This varies from company to company. If you wish to pay a bill manually, we'd advise that you pay it at least 10 business days before its due out of your account to avoid the DD presenting again.

You can apply for a refund for todays debit by filling out the SEPA DD Refund form here.

You should receive a refund within 3 business days from when we receive your request. You can drop it into your local branch to speed up the process, if you wish.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Thanks again, Jane.

Advertisement