Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M Audio Radium 61 midi controller

Options
  • 20-12-2017 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

HI Guys

I am getting back into producing music and have set back up my studio. I have bought an iMac 27" with maschine. I always used an M Audio Radium 61 midi controller but since setting up this new studio the radium will not work with the OS of the mac.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this or anything like this or if anyone had a driver I could download for the radium 61?

I have read online that M Audio are not making the updated driver for the controller but there must be a walk around or some tip that might help, other wise I will have to fork out for a new controller.

thanks in advance for any help

Tekano Tim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Tekano tim wrote: »
    HI Guys

I am getting back into producing music and have set back up my studio. I have bought an iMac 27" with maschine. I always used an M Audio Radium 61 midi controller but since setting up this new studio the radium will not work with the OS of the mac.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this or anything like this or if anyone had a driver I could download for the radium 61?

I have read online that M Audio are not making the updated driver for the controller but there must be a walk around or some tip that might help, other wise I will have to fork out for a new controller.

thanks in advance for any help

Tekano Tim

Worth trying the solution in the post below (unless you have already of course)
    http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio/topics/radium-61-keyboard-controller-driver-for-yosemite-osx-macbook-air

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tekano tim

Hey Mordeith

Yeah I tried that alright with no success, at this point I have narrowed it down to a few questions. I have tried contacting M-audio on the forums and directly but you have to register for a pass code and I am nearly two weeks waiting for them to email that on purely to ask them some questions.

I do have one question, I have the keyboard powered just with the USB. There is a connection for a 9V plug which I have never used previously and I am wondering if this could be an issue. Would the keyboard need its power connection and then the usb lead purely for midi data.

I never used the power lead before and only the midi cable set up on a pc and I am wondering if maybe with a MAC you need the power and USB?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

It's very possible. I have an Oxygen 8 and an Akai MPK mini. Both run off USB alone but they are much smaller controllers than yours

Advertisement