Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heli-Skiing in Soll

Options
  • 20-12-2017 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We are heading over in January for a week and were looking into Heli skiing.
    Does anyone know if there are any mountains in the ski welt that would be good for heli skiing and virgin powder?
    Also, is there even the option to do this?We are a group of Advanced boarders/Skiers and wanted to to see if its possible?
    I don't see anything online about this.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Heli Skiing in Austria is pretty much non-existent. Only two spots and they are in the Alberg region, on the east side of Austria no where near Soll. Heli Skiing in general is a bit ****e in Europe, only really available in Switzerland and Italy and some drop offs near border areas to get into France. Some 'heli-skiing' operators literally drop you off beside the top lift station.

Freeriding in Soll is quite limited, there are a few runs but gets tracked out quickly. My advice would be to pop over to Kitzbuhel area around Jochberg and Fieberbrunn if you can make it. Get a good guide and you'll get some untracked powder.

I'd recommend these guys, they're based in Jochberg, primarily aimed at Splitboard Camps but do offer guiding too:
    https://www.splitboard-camps.at/

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

cheers for that

Advertisement