Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Getting Eir Bills... But Im not an Eir customer?

Options
  • 20-12-2017 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Im getting emails saying my bill is ready. But I dont have and never had an Eir phone. 

The email is from noreply@bills.eir.ie

It says log in to see my bill. It doesn't show my account number or log in details and as Iv never been an Eir customer I cant access the account i supposedly have. 

When contacting the online help, they cant find me as a customer. But demands for money keep coming. 81 Euros so far. And it says it will be taken from my bank account, however they have got hold of that I dont know, same as how i dont know how they have my name and business email address. 

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Could just be a phishing mail. Post the headers from one and we can check. Remove your email address from it first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

househero wrote: »
    Im getting emails saying my bill is ready. But I dont have and never had an Eir phone. 

It says log in to see my bill. It doesn't show my account number or log in details and as Iv never been an Eir customer I cant access the account i supposedly have. 

When contacting the online help, they cant find me as a customer. But demands for money keep coming. 81 Euros so far. And it says it will be taken from my bank account, however they have got hold of that I dont know, same as how i dont know how they have my name and business email address. 
    Probably someone registered on my.eir using your email address. Happened to me too. I just filtered to spam and they stopped after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi househero,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about this. The other two responses to this thread may be correct. This may be a scam email or it may be relating to somebody else's account. If it's a scam email I'd recommend deleting it straight away. If it's about someone else's account I need the account number that it's about in order to look into this.

If I have the account number I can contact the account h0older and amend the details on the account.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi househero,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about this. The other two responses to this thread may be correct. This may be a scam email or it may be relating to somebody else's account. If it's a scam email I'd recommend deleting it straight away. If it's about someone else's account I need the account number that it's about in order to look into this.

If I have the account number I can contact the account h0older and amend the details on the account.

- Adam

Hi Adam, it has my name on it. But I can't see an account number on it. Oddly I managed to log in with my old meteor details?

I would like it looked in to please as I had a problem with meteor who failed to stop charging me for 18 months (I had the device for 3 years) and I was charged even after numerous requests complaints and finally the ombudsman, who managed to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi househero,

- Adam

Hi Adam, it has my name on it. But I can't see an account number on it. Oddly I managed to log in with my old meteor details?

I would like it looked in to please as I had a problem with meteor who failed to stop charging me for 18 months (I had the device for 3 years) and I was charged even after numerous requests complaints and finally the ombudsman, who managed to sort it out.
    Hi househero,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement
Advertisement