Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergen-free Box of Sweets suggestions please!

• 20-12-2017 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Would like to get some boxes of sweets for someone allergen-free. I'm not sure exactly what they're allergic to, if it's Gluten or Lactose or Soy or what exactly it is, so is there anything ye can think of that would be free of all of them?!? I was thinking maybe Fruit Jellies? But don't really know what would be best to get... I've heard of Elizabeth Shaw being a good contender, but I picked up a box yesterday, and I think it actually said Gluten-free on it but like it seemed full of potential allergic items that might cause un-wellness. And for somebody not well-versed on the topic, - what chocolate can ya buy that doesn't have milk in it anyway?!? Does chocolate without milk even exist?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Dark chocolate doesn't have milk, generally. You'd be best off finding our specifically what they're allergic to if you're dead set on getting them a box of sweets, especially as a box of plain dark chocolates could be a bit meh, and anything to make it more interesting would be a potential allergen. A lot of people don't like dark chocolate anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Foods of Athenry do some gluten free, dairy free, vegan treats which should cover a good few allergens, like brownie bites and shortbread nibbles. Our Tesco has these items in their a Free From aisle.

But I agree you should really find out what they are allergic to if you're going to get them something edible...

Advertisement