Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S8+ and Fitness Tracker

• 20-12-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

I've gotten Mrs. S a Galaxy S8+ and a Garmin Forerunner 35 for Christmas. From what I've read, both are fairly decent at what they do.

But just today, I remembered that Samsung Gear Fit, and I'm wondering if I should've gotten that instead of the Garmin? Would it be a better partner to the S8+?

I've no experience of either the Forerunner or the Gear Fit, so if anyone has any opinions on either, it'd be appreciated.

Comments

Soarer wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

I've gotten Mrs. S a Galaxy S8+ and a Garmin Forerunner 35 for Christmas. From what I've read, both are fairly decent at what they do.

But just today, I remembered that Samsung Gear Fit, and I'm wondering if I should've gotten that instead of the Garmin? Would it be a better partner to the S8+?

I've no experience of either the Forerunner or the Gear Fit, so if anyone has any opinions on either, it'd be appreciated.

What sort of exercise does she do? I've had Garmin Vivoactive, and Gear S2 (paired with several devices including a Samsung). I think the Garmin is much better for exercise, particularly running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

''Tis pretty much all running. She does the odd bit of cycling for adventure races and stuff.
    She has a TomTom at the minute, but it's dog slow at picking up gps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

If the goal leans more on the fitness/athletics side, stick with the Garmin. If you're leaning more on providing the smart watch functionality, the Samsung gear would be a better bed-fellow. I have an S8 and a higher-end Garmin watch (fenix 3), but rarely use the Smart-watch connectivity options, but as a standalone (non-connected) athletics tracker, the Garmin will do a better job. The Samsung Fit2 is a huge improvement on the original Fit (it has GPS), but this review of the original product will kind of give you a flavour for their suitability as fitness products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Cheers Krusty.

The watch will only be worn for working out. She wears her "posh" watch at all other times.

So I guess I'll stick to the Garmin.

Advertisement