Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mist in Limerick city

• 20-12-2017 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Was driving over the bridge and saw mist everywhere. Please drive carefully this evening.

Pics attached.

17fxqo.jpg

1zyyh5v.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I expect this to be the the main headline on The Leader by the end of the afternoon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

"Shock as winter weather descends at the Winter Solstice"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭893bet

I haven't the foggiest idea what this thread is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

This is to spread awareness and drive carefully. Saw a near miss accident earlier on.
    893bet wrote: »
    I haven't the foggiest idea what this thread is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Was driving over the bridge and saw mist everywhere. Please drive carefully this evening.

Pics attached.

17fxqo.jpg

1zyyh5v.jpg

Don't mean to be a dick here, but phone use while driving is one of my pet peeves.

With that in mind, maybe not taking pictures while driving in fog might be a good start to the safe driving your asking of others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

This is to spread awareness and drive carefully. Saw a near miss accident earlier on.

Limerick is the wettest city in Europe , you'll get used to it.

Whoever is using the phone while driving is an idiot and risking lives.
    Hope that clear things up :)
    source wrote: »
    Don't mean to be a dick here, but phone use while driving is one of my pet peeves.

With that in mind, maybe not taking pictures while driving in fog might be a good start to the safe driving your asking of others.

Having lived in Dublin South, I would say Limerick is not wet at all.
    Limerick is the wettest city in Europe , you'll get used to it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Having lived in Dublin South, I would say Limerick is not wet at all.

Ah, here! Have a read of the city's sacred text (Angela's Ashes, obviously), walk 3 times the route of the 3 Bridges, spend an autumn evening in Thomond Park, and then type out that post again! :P

Ah, here! Have a read of the city's sacred text (Angela's Ashes, obviously), walk 3 times the route of the 3 Bridges, spend an autumn evening in Thomond Park, and then type out that post again! :P

Indeed the average annual rainfall in the Dublin area is circa 730mm, and in Limerick it's circa 950mm to 1000mm, so it's not just perception.

The East coast on average gets 300mm to 450mm less rain annually than the West coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Op is right. People driving with no lights, cyclists with no high vis whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Indeed the average annual rainfall in the Dublin area is circa 730mm, and in Limerick it's circa 950mm to 1000mm, so it's not just perception.

The East coast on average gets 300mm to 450mm less rain annually than the West coast.

Dublin is pretty wet. Limerick is far wetter. :pac:

Good to see others can see the risk involved.
    juneg wrote: »
    Op is right. People driving with no lights, cyclists with no high vis whatsoever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Good to see others can see the risk involved.

We can all see the risks, but posting about it on boards isn't going to make people who are too dumb/ignorant to turn on their lights in poor weather conditions change their bad habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

And London is 600mm ....... Belfast 846mm .....

hobie14 wrote: »
    And London is 600mm ....... Belfast 846mm .....

The op made a statement that Dublin was wetter than Limerick, i was merely pointing out that is not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

The op made a statement that Dublin was wetter than Limerick, i was merely pointing out that is not the case.

Don't really know about Dublin .... too many cars etc for me but I always associated Belfast with rain and London with not much rain at all..... the stats paint a much more similar picture ...... I found them interesting ....... :)

Advertisement