Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought mobile broadband dongle, won't work, customer care don't care.

Options
  • 20-12-2017 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I am a long suffering eir customer for broadband and landline and I won't even mention the hassle I've had with eir regarding those services. I stupidly bought a prepay mobile broadband dongle from eir because eir have a mast in my area. I say stupidly because I should have realised that further involvement with eir was a mistake.
    Anyway I have put the sim in the dongle, dongle in the laptop and dongle software is installed. When I open the program it brings me to this website: http:/192.168.8.1 which asks for username and password. Yesterday eir's online chat guy said both username and password was admin. I entered that and it said access denied. Online chat guy then vanished. Today I rang customer care and was transferred to four different support people and spent half an hour in total on hold. Last guy I spoke with gave me the same password and username and once again it didn't work. I told him this and he said he would have to put me on hold again. After another 5 minutes on hold I was cut off.
    Can anybody offer any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Customer support are correct. Admin is both username and password. I suspect whats happened is you probably got a refurbished dongle and will need to return it to where you bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Customer support are correct. Admin is both username and password. I suspect whats happened is you probably got a refurbished dongle and will need to return it to where you bought it.

Thanks for replying. As far as I remember when I was purchasing the dongle on the eir website there was an option of refurbished ones but I opted to go for a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I am a long suffering eir customer for broadband and landline and I won't even mention the hassle I've had with eir regarding those services. I stupidly bought a prepay mobile broadband dongle from eir because eir have a mast in my area. I say stupidly because I should have realised that further involvement with eir was a mistake.
    Anyway I have put the sim in the dongle, dongle in the laptop and dongle software is installed. When I open the program it brings me to this website: http:/192.168.8.1 which asks for username and password. Yesterday eir's online chat guy said both username and password was admin. I entered that and it said access denied. Online chat guy then vanished. Today I rang customer care and was transferred to four different support people and spent half an hour in total on hold. Last guy I spoke with gave me the same password and username and once again it didn't work. I told him this and he said he would have to put me on hold again. After another 5 minutes on hold I was cut off.
    Hi Coillsaille,

Sorry to hear about the issue you have been having. Can you please PM me your full name, number and pin and I will look into this for you?

-  Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Coillsaille,

Sorry to hear about the issue you have been having. Can you please PM me your full name, number and pin and I will look into this for you?

-  Adam
    Hi Adam. PM sent.

Advertisement