Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Meter Box.

Options
  • 20-12-2017 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,914 ✭✭✭✭

Lads.

A strange one - but just purchased an Electrical Meter Box (IP65)

When I look at the various pieces on these boxes on line - they all have wooden looking baseboard - the box I have does not have this wooden base and only has the thin metalic plate at back.

Is this an issue - do you need this backing and will ESB have an issue if not chipboard lined ?

Thanks - I know a question on the finer details - but this whole connection area is a nightmare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Lads.

A strange one - but just purchased an Electrical Meter Box (IP65)

When I look at the various pieces on these boxes on line - they all have wooden looking baseboard - the box I have does not have this wooden base and only has the thin metalic plate at back.

Is this an issue - do you need this backing and will ESB have an issue if not chipboard lined ?

Thanks - I know a question on the finer details - but this whole connection area is a nightmare

from past experiences Esbn will require a wooden base to screw their meter and cutout to.dont bother with your metal plate just use it as a template for your backing board

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Advertisement