Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card blocked and literally no help given

Options
  • 20-12-2017 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I’ve travelled to England today for Christmas and have tried to use my card at various different atms and every time it says this action is temporarily unavailable and something about my card issuer refusing to process the withdrawal. As I’m in England I’ve had to ring the help line from here an was kept on hold for a total of over 2 hours. I have also been hung up on twice after waiting over half an hour both times. It’s cost me over €50 in phone credit trying to contact my bank to access my own money and yet I’ve still received no help. I have literally no money now with Christmas just days away. I’m getting extremely fed up can someone please just help me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

Something similar happened to me in the US a few years ago. Don't know if it will solve your problem but try withdrawing a smaller amount. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Extremelyfedup,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear this.

Please be assured I will pass your feedback onto our services team.

Can you tell me have you received any emails or text from our security team?

Before travelling did you leave a travel note on your account as our security team would monitor your account 24/7 and may think its fraud on the account if they see unusual transactions.

Where have you tried using the card as in have you tried it in a ATM or at point of sale?

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I’ve travelled to England today for Christmas and have tried to use my card at various different atms and every time it says this action is temporarily unavailable and something about my card issuer refusing to process the withdrawal. As I’m in England I’ve had to ring the help line from here an was kept on hold for a total of over 2 hours. I have also been hung up on twice after waiting over half an hour both times. It’s cost me over €50 in phone credit trying to contact my bank to access my own money and yet I’ve still received no help. I have literally no money now with Christmas just days away. I’m getting extremely fed up can someone please just help me
    Why didn't you alert them you were travelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Why didn't you alert them you were travelling?

I wouldn't dream of telling them I was going to the UK and have never done so. It's hardly an exotic destination. For some destinations it makes sense to give them the info, but not for a hop across the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I wouldn't dream of telling them I was going to the UK and have never done so. It's hardly an exotic destination. For some destinations it makes sense to give them the info, but not for a hop across the Irish Sea.

Well considering the card was blocked for the OP you may need to reconsider that thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement