If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55"OLED

Options
  • 20-12-2017 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hey.
    Whats the best value 55"OLED you stock. Looking to spend in around the €2,000 to max €2,500.
    Also can you price separately a good home cinema system to go with or a high end sound bar.
    Any info would be great, Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Freddie,

apologies for the delay and what a nice query :)

We stock all the main branded 55" OLEDS available and hand on heart I can say each of them is F A N T A S T I C!

From the basic LG 55B7 you just cannot go wrong..

The Sony KD55A1 from a design point of view would be my first choice and the picture qualify is also stunning:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202618-bravia-kd55a1.aspx

It does blow the budget at €3149 but if you are interested just drop me a line and we can PM you a price to nudge it closer to your budget ;)

However on Christmas Eve its my personal plan to stick the new Philips 55POS9002 into the boot of my car and take it home ( my 1st new TV in 2 years!!!) This is a 55" OLED with an LG panel but with possibly even better picture quality than the Sony A1 AND it has the Android operating system with a superfast processor - in Audio terms it packs a built in sub and wipes the standard LG 55B7 and approaches the Sony audio quality but without the inconvenience of the Sony 'Leg / Pedestal' 

Finally it has Ambilight :) :) - everybody that I've ever dealt with who trys ambilight really never wants to go back - 'enuf said!

Check out the 5 Star What Hifi Review here for the 55POS9002 at £2000 ( this is just from December 2017)

https://www.whathifi.com/philips/55pos9002/review

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203072-phil-55pos9002.aspx

We are doing the Philips 55POS9002 at £1799 / €1899 including shipping and our 6 year warranty and we have them available from stock 

.. and again I'll be taking one home personally 

ATVB,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Glad to see you finally stocking Philips again. I got a 42" 9664 way back in 2009 in the old Dublin Philips Store on Dame St. Ambilight is starting to die on it... goes off for periods and comes back randomly. 

Do you plan to stock more of the range or is it just the OLED? 

(as for your comment on Ambilight, I refuse to buy any tv without it - its fantastic - even if it limits the choice)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Glad to see you finally stocking Philips again. I got a 42" 9664 way back in 2009 in the old Dublin Philips Store on Dame St. Ambilight is starting to die on it... goes off for periods and comes back randomly. 

Do you plan to stock more of the range or is it just the OLED? 

(as for your comment on Ambilight, I refuse to buy any tv without it - its fantastic - even if it limits the choice)
    Hey PixelTrawler.

At the moment its only the OLED by Philips but who know what the new year might bring.

We are currently trying to find space to get the OLED Ambilight out on display in our store.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭freddie_

Hi Freddie,

We stock all the main branded 55" OLEDS available and hand on heart I can say each of them is F A N T A S T I C!

The Sony KD55A1 from a design point of view would be my first choice and the picture qualify is also stunning:

It does blow the budget at €3149 but if you are interested just drop me a line and we can PM you a price to nudge it closer to your budget ;)

However on Christmas Eve its my personal plan to stick the new Philips 55POS9002 into the boot of my car and take it home ( my 1st new TV in 2 years!!!) This is a 55" OLED with an LG panel but with possibly even better picture quality than the Sony A1 AND it has the Android operating system with a superfast processor - in Audio terms it packs a built in sub and wipes the standard LG 55B7 and approaches the Sony audio quality but without the inconvenience of the Sony 'Leg / Pedestal' 

Finally it has Ambilight :) :) - everybody that I've ever dealt with who trys ambilight really never wants to go back - 'enuf said!

Check out the 5 Star What Hifi Review here for the 55POS9002 at £2000 ( this is just from December 2017)

We are doing the Philips 55POS9002 at £1799 / €1899 including shipping and our 6 year warranty and we have them available from stock 

ATVB,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John

Just wondering if you can price up a few things for me?
    Looking at the Philips 55POS9002 with a wall mount. A sonos Playbar with wall mount and 2 wall mounts for sonos play 1 (I already have the speakers) 
    Thanks
    David

freddie_ wrote: »
    Hi Freddie,

ATVB,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John

Looking at the Philips 55POS9002 with a wall mount. A sonos Playbar with wall mount and 2 wall mounts for sonos play 1 (I already have the speakers) 
    Thanks
    David
    Hi Freddie,

thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Mmmmm... 55POS9002 - my fave OLED - NICE!

Philips 55POS9002 55" OLED * 1
    Sonos Playbar * 1
    Sonos Play Bar Bracket * 1
    Sonos Play 1 Wall mount * 2

Our normal price is £2587 - I can do you a Boardie deal at just £2349 including delivery and of course our 6 year warranty on the Philips LED.

All available from stock - just give us a shout if you would like it for the weekend :) 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi Freddie,

ATVB,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John

Thanks
    David
    Hi Freddie,

Sonos Playbar * 1

Our normal price is £2587 - I can do you a Boardie deal at just £2349 including delivery and of course our 6 year warranty on the Philips LED.

All available from stock - just give us a shout if you would like it for the weekend :) 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John. 
    Can you also include a wall mount for the tv also please 

Hi Freddie,

ATVB,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John

Thanks
    David
    Hi Freddie,

Sonos Playbar * 1

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John. 
    Hi Freddie,

Are you looking for a flat bracket or a cantilever (full motion) bracket?

Hi Freddie,

ATVB,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John

Thanks
    David
    Hi Freddie,

Sonos Playbar * 1

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John. 
    Hi Freddie,

Are you looking for a flat bracket or a cantilever (full motion) bracket?
    Flat bracket, want it fairly flush to the wall. Thanks

If you are buying the bracket as part of a bundle I'd go for the Sanus VLL5:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12678-vll5.aspx?swapstore=1

Its £59.95 retail - happy to include in a bundle at 1/2 price - ie £29.90

..However if you have a standard socket on your wall, from experience I would recommend a tilt bracket as mounting your OLED with a flat bracket and trying to squeeze the plug into the socket behind the TV can be really difficult ( and end up with cracked screens :/ )

Personally I'd go for the Sanus BLT2-B1:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202750-blt2-b1.aspx

This bracket still allows the TV to sit quite snug to the wall but also allows you a little scope to tilt the top of the TV forward to get the plug into the socket and then of course you can adjust the tilt back straight again or leave a slight tilt if required. 

Again in a bundle happy to reduce from £99.95 to £49.95

Keep us posted and if you would like to order just drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and I'll ask one of the guys to give you a call to arrange a delivery for you.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hey

If the TV is going to be flush with the wall, running the cables through the wall, is there any reason why i would want the tilt bracket?

Thanks

David

Snipped by Mod

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi,

If you have a query about the TV Flash Sale, please check that thread whether the item is available and post your query on that thread, if Sale queries are buried in other threads things will become confused very quickly.

I can’t insert a post in the thread for you, you’ll have to do it.

I’ve snipped your post above to avoid confusion.

Cheers,

Ritz.

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

Hi,

If you have a query about the TV Flash Sale, please check that thread whether the item is available and post your query on that thread, if Sale queries are buried in other threads things will become confused very quickly.

Cheers,

Ritz.
    Hey Ritz.

The reason I asked here was to hopefully put in all together in a large bundle with other items and to see what cost the total deal would be.
    Thanks

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

Hi,

Cheers,

Ritz.
    Hey Ritz.

The reason I asked here was to hopefully put in all together in a large bundle with other items and to see what cost the total deal would be.
    Thanks
    Hi David,

The tilting bracket would basically give you more space to work behind the TV for installation and gives a bit more flexibility for position.

As John was doing the bundle pricing I will have to check with him to see if he had factored in any Flash sale pricing however he is currently out of the office.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.