Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my options?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭The Student

Ohoopee wrote: »
    Oh no doubt there are bad tenants as well and I know it is very difficult for a land lord to met a person one time and determan who is going to be a good tenant and a bad one. I am just surprised at how much prices have risen just this year.... I am looking at houseshares that are 500 Euro a month...for a houseshare....outragous!!!! That is only 200 less per month than I am paying for this whole house!!

Its due to supply and demand but also due to the govts meddling. I have heard of a few landlords leaving properties vacant because they fear what next hare brained scheme the govt will introduce.

If we had a properly functioning system it would be easier for all involved.

Oh no doubt there are bad tenants as well and I know it is very difficult for a land lord to met a person one time and determan who is going to be a good tenant and a bad one. I am just surprised at how much prices have risen just this year.... I am looking at houseshares that are 500 Euro a month...for a houseshare....outragous!!!! That is only 200 less per month than I am paying for this whole house!!

A simple solution is to extend the rent a room scheme to private landlords and there would be no incentive to increase rents.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ohoopee

Its due to supply and demand but also due to the govts meddling. I have heard of a few landlords leaving properties vacant because they fear what next hare brained scheme the govt will introduce.

If we had a properly functioning system it would be easier for all involved.

Supply and demand is one thing but I just don't see hwo they expect people to afford this. Most of the people around here who get houseshares are students who look for temp accomidation during the summer so they can get a summer job. I work in a big Hotel town...nothing but Hotels....hotel workers don't make much money...I myself work at a hotel...these students gettings summer work as bartenders and waiters are not going to be able to afford 500 per month.

Supply and demand is one thing but I just don't see hwo they expect people to afford this. Most of the people around here who get houseshares are students who look for temp accomidation during the summer so they can get a summer job. I work in a big Hotel town...nothing but Hotels....hotel workers don't make much money...I myself work at a hotel...these students gettings summer work as bartenders and waiters are not going to be able to afford 500 per month.

Rents are also high due to the risk of rogue Tennant's and the difficulty and cost of getting rid of them. I have personal knowledge of a friend who lost €30k through lost rent, property damage and legal fees to have a tenant evicted.

This is one of the reasons rents are the price they are. Evictions should be completed within 3 months. Until this is changed prices wont decrease. One bad tenant can destroy a landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ohoopee

Rents are also high due to the risk of rogue Tennant's and the difficulty and cost of getting rid of them. I have personal knowledge of a friend who lost €30k through lost rent, property damage and legal fees to have a tenant evicted.

This is one of the reasons rents are the price they are. Evictions should be completed within 3 months. Until this is changed prices wont decrease. One bad tenant can destroy a landlord.
    Anything that lowers rent has my support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement