Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Credit Register

• 20-12-2017 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I am reading up on the Central credit Register and I don't understand the bit about credit cards.
    If I buy airline tickets with my card for €600 do I go on the register?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

As I read it (which could be wrong) having a CC with a limit over €500 puts you on the register. That's a good thing btw - as you spend and repay you'll increase your credit score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Eh no!
    I don't want to be on someones bloody watch list because I spend more than 500 with my card. That's a bit cart before the horse. I accept I go on the list if I don't pay, not because I do!!

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    Eh no!
    I don't want to be on someones bloody watch list because I spend more than 500 with my card. That's a bit cart before the horse. I accept I go on the list if I don't pay, not because I do!!

It's a modern credit referencing system. As I say you'll be on the list anyway with a credit card if it works the same way as the US, UK etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Eh no!

Firstly, it's not a "watch list". Its a replacement for the ICB which, if you have ever borrowed money, will likely be on. Its not about whether you were a "good" borrower or a "bad" borrower. It's simply your credit history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Eh no!

What are you afraid of?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I'm allowed to be paranoid, aren't I?

I like my personal stuff to stay private between me and me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Wouldn't you be on it anyway if you use credit card? I haven't read much on it but I doubt they see your actual spending if that's what worries you.

You can request a copy free of charge once a year if you want to see what's on it.

I'm allowed to be paranoid, aren't I?

I like my personal stuff to stay private between me and me

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Is the icb still in use?

Applied for credit register report and they can’t find me even though I have a mortgage

The wife was on it because she has a credit card with a small balance.

Is it only for non mortgage while the icb will be born mortgages or are they closing the icb (in which case, why can’t they find me?)

• Advertisement
Advertisement