Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to NYC for a week, what’s the best way to do it?

Options
  • 21-12-2017 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Just need a bit of data, I won’t be calling home unless it’s an emergency. Just need to send a few whatapps and receive a few of them or normal messages. Currently on SIM only legacy plan. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

gebbel wrote: »
    Just need a bit of data, I won’t be calling home unless it’s an emergency. Just need to send a few whatapps and receive a few of them or normal messages. Currently on SIM only legacy plan. Cheers
    Hi gebbel,

you can view all the info in regards to roaming in the USA in the below link

https://www.eir.ie/roaming/#/usa/usa

let me know if you need any more information on this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

gebbel wrote: »
    Data roaming costs an absolute fortune in the States.   My work around during the summer was to buy a 3UK sim in Newry, top up with £20 then register on their website and buy a 15gb data bundle with your £20.  Otherwise you're restricted to looking for free wifi when out and about.   

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

There is free wifi EVERYWHERE in new York, save yourself the expense and use the free wifi over there, you can get it free in the streets in the majority of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Or you could buy a sim for data usage in a T Mobile shop and use it in a second phone. Whatever you do, don't use Eir anyway. You will be fleeced.

Advertisement