Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea delivery

Options
  • 21-12-2017 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi has anyone had deliveries from Ikea?I ordered a loft bed online a few weeks ago.They were supposed to delivery last weekend between 7 and 11.Half eleven came so I decided to check the tracking number.It said that it had already been delivered at 9:40.So I rang customer service who said that actually the bed wasn't in the warehouse and that they w I uld call me as soon as they know. Anyway its been a week nearly.I've had no call or email from them. This purchase cost over 300. I'm baffled!If it hadn't been for me calling, no one from Ikea would have bathered.I'm thinking I'll just call today and get a refund but just wondering if anyone has had similar experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Keep calling them every day for an update. Or else, cancel the order and go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Did you ever get your bed?

It’s close to a month since I first ordered in store. I have the mattresses and the legs, after many hours on the phone and 3 days hanging around waiting for no-shows, but still no bases. They even screwed up Easter Sunday by claiming insistently it would be delivered then.
    Here’s what I have learned from CS. When you order from the warehouse they give a delivery date but don’t actually know if it’s out of stock until they are picking the order (several days later) for delivery. They have also eventually admitted they cannot send a delivery notification the day before the scheduled delivery nor are they in a position to notify you if a delivery is rescheduled to another date or indeed cancelled.

This last bit is not strictly true, after 3 phone calls and 90 minutes on the phone they have added a special note on my file saying I ‘must’ be informed if the next delivery is cancelled. I’m stuck with used mattresses otherwise I would just cancel and shop local.

Their IT systems/processes fall apart if there is any glitch. Rant over, I feel better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 crimsondee

Janey Mack wrote: »
    Did you ever get your bed?

It’s close to a month since I first ordered in store. I have the mattresses and the legs, after many hours on the phone and 3 days hanging around waiting for no-shows, but still no bases. They even screwed up Easter Sunday by claiming insistently it would be delivered then.
    Here’s what I have learned from CS. When you order from the warehouse they give a delivery date but don’t actually know if it’s out of stock until they are picking the order (several days later) for delivery. They have also eventually admitted they cannot send a delivery notification the day before the scheduled delivery nor are they in a position to notify you if a delivery is rescheduled to another date or indeed cancelled.

This last bit is not strictly true, after 3 phone calls and 90 minutes on the phone they have added a special note on my file saying I ‘must’ be informed if the next delivery is cancelled. I’m stuck with used mattresses otherwise I would just cancel and shop local.

Their IT systems/processes fall apart if there is any glitch. Rant over, I feel better now.
    Hey sorry I'm only getting back now.I haven't checked this link but I eventually just got a refund and remember that there was absolutely no contact made with me until I eventually just said to them ...so you think maybe the bed is no longer in stock at all and they absently agreed.haha.Hope you got yours ☺

Advertisement