Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car deliberately ploughs through pedestrians in Melbourne, Australia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

A ferry carrying 251 people has capsized in stormy seas off the east coast of the Philippines, the coastguard says.

A spokesman said a number of casualties had been reported. Huge waves are said to have caused the boat to overturn.

But hey...it's the Philippines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

I burnt my toast this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wonder who was behind it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Bob Harris wrote: »
    A ferry carrying 251 people has capsized in stormy seas off the east coast of the Philippines, the coastguard says.

A spokesman said a number of casualties had been reported. Huge waves are said to have caused the boat to overturn.

I'd say you've been waiting for this thread for a while. I'm glad it arrived for you so you can now get on with your day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

What are you getting at? Your news has a higher human injury count, so it trumps the Australia attack? This is a deliberate attack and that was an accident from what I can see. Get over yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I wonder who was behind it?

Germans again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Got some news alerts about this.

Yes, we hope no one dies and injuries are not permanent, but from some reports it talks of people being thrown into the air.

None of us will ever understand the mindset of a person or people who do this. For most the thought of even doing this accidentally is a most horrific thing, to do it deliberately makes one think how detached these people are from the vast majority of people on the planet who are good people.
    A tiny, tiny minority of people who have no good in their heart can do so much damage to a lot of people and see it as some achievement.
    You would wonder how anyone could become so detached from the human race, so detached from their own loved ones, they must be as most people think about others and the loved ones of others when something bad happens.
    It is just terribly sad in so many ways that this detachment exists and a selfishness and evilness exists that blinds people from what is good.
    We can only hope for the best for the people affected and wish them and their families the best.

What are you getting at? Your news has a higher human injury count, so it trumps the Australia attack? This is a deliberate attack and that was an accident from what I can see. Get over yourself.

Is there any point in dumping a news story that is on every single online news site on AH? Yet another 'is it / isn't it' terrorist attack or crazy drunk thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Rick Shaw wrote:
    Germans again.

Are yea mad, it's clearly the work of the travellers, or maybe the unemployed!

Is there any point in dumping a news story that is on every single online news site on AH? Yet another 'is it / isn't it' terrorist attack or crazy drunk thread.

It most certainly 'is' as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I knew it, hipsters again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Have you a link to the thread you've set up??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Or news piece?

Fake News

I don't bother dumping freely available low level interest news stories on AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I was in Melbourne at the time although did not witness it. Think my brother was closer. Apparently car was doing high speed at least above 80km and no doubt it was deliberate. A good few pedestrian streets around Sydney and Melbourne have had concrete bollards installed recently and both have quite a high police presence on alert. Thats the world we are living in nowadays unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Bob here doesn't give two sh#ts about the victims of the Philippine' s sinking, that his is the first reply to this thread is a clear indicator that he, like a vocal number on here, are on high alert for these incidents so that they can immediately downplay their impact.

My thoughts are with the victims, here's hoping they each pull through.

Bob here doesn't give two sh#ts about the victims of the Philippine' s sinking, that his is the first reply to this thread is a clear indicator that he, like a vocal number on here, are on high alert for these incidents so that they can immediately downplay their impact.

My thoughts are with the victims, here's hoping they each pull through.

The victims in Melbourne or in the Philippines?

Indeed..I am on high alert..scouring boards and other forums so I can make sure my agenda of downplaying such incidents is fulfilled. Take off the tinfoil hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

The victims in Melbourne or in the Philippines?

Indeed..I am on high alert..scouring boards and other forums so I can make sure my agenda of downplaying such incidents is fulfilled. Take off the tinfoil hat.

Anyone playing "left wing multiculturalism is great deny everything" bingo ??

Tick off "tinfoil hat" there.

Anyone sweating ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So a car attack in Melbourne caused a ferry to sink in the Philippines?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Video of another person who is in police custody (allegedly the same incident))

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4a5_1513844959

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't bother dumping freely available low level interest news stories on AH.

You do bother replying to them though.

o1s1n wrote: »
    You do bother replying to them though.

It's the only way to make the thread some bit interesting. And of course..I must get my agenda across.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Looks like a Muslim to me.

doylefe wrote: »
    Looks like a Muslim to me.

Ssshhhh, the thought police will have you there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Ssshhhh, the thought police will have you there!

Looks like a Muslim, acts like a Muslim....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

doylefe wrote: »
    Looks like a Muslim, acts like a Muslim....

Are Muslims good actors? I mean do they do well at the Oscars etc?

baylah17 wrote: »

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Just showing where his true loyalty lies. Islam always comes before nation or in this case basic gratitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Mahershala Ali did this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Ibrahim Halawa played a blinder anyway.

Ibrahim Halawa played a blinder anyway.

Shame he's Egyptian, he'd be a shoe in for the IFTAs.

Shame he's Egyptian, he'd be a shoe in for the IFTAs.

Actually he is Irish, born and raised in Dublin, so hes still in with a chance.

Actually he is Irish, born and raised in Dublin, so hes still in with a chance.

Aye, when it suits him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

You're always free to make a thread about the philippine boat capsize you know.
    If you actually cared about it you probably would have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

For guys with such palpable for the victims of an atrocity you're spending a lot of time talking about some buck on the other side of the world that had nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Another on the " Poor Mental Health" list

had no mental issues driving vehicle into a crowd though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

It's very tiring when a thread like this pops up and someone who for lack of a better phrase/word, is attention seeking, tries to show how none of us care by portraying that no thread on another disaster exists.
    2 completely separate incidents but if you don't like that such a thread exists then don't post.
    Not happy no thread exists for the countless other disasters that happen on a daily basis? Create a ****ing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Another on the " Poor Mental Health" list

had no mental issues driving vehicle into a crowd though

...and a drug addict.

• Advertisement

Aye, when it suits him.

No, he was born in Dublin, so like he was always born in Dublin, so like Dublin has never been in Eygpt, so he is a Dubliner, from Dublin Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No, he was born in Dublin, so like he was always born in Dublin, so like Dublin has never been in Eygpt, so he is a Dubliner, from Dublin Ireland.

I like the part where you said Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I noticed yesterday on Henry st in Dublin there is two very big iron tree boxes near the entrance.
    I would think it's a 'just in case' plan but good to see council planning ahead in case someone does try to ram down Henry st (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Saudi attacks have killed 11 Yemeni civilians:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/saudi-led-coalition-air-strikes-kill-11-yemen-civilians-171220180017168.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He's not a white Australian so can't have mental health issues.
    The alleged driver of the car is a 32-year-old man of Afghan descent who was arrested at the scene by an off-duty police officer.

The man is known to police but there is no evidence or intelligence connecting either him or this incident to terrorism or extremism.

Police say he does have a history of drug use and mental health issues and police believe those issues are behind the incident.

Another man, 24-years-old, was arrested a short time after the incident. He was filming it on his mobile phone and was searched by police, who allegedly found knives in his bag. Police do not believe he knows the 32-year-old man or is connected in any way.

Nineteen people were injured and taken to hospital for treatment, including the alleged driver and the arresting off-duty officer.

Four people are critically injured while 15 are in a stable condition.

Police say this was a “quarantined” incident and does not increase the risk at major upcoming events like the Boxing Day test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mental Health is a excuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I forgot you're an expert on people with mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

That's hardly what the statement says, they're determining a motivating factor. If it was a political act, that wouldn't make it an excuse either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

It's not fair to the millions of people who deal with mental health issues to use this as an excuse,
    Only the most severe of cases could ever be blamed for playing any part in something like this.
    No, these are just morons, blinded by religious ideology driven by America, and other countries foreign policies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Chrongen wrote: »

That's sad but this is a thread about the Australian car attack by a mentally ill chap, not an unrelated war. Go and fuck off to another thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement