Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 not working just before santa arrives please help!!

Options
  • 21-12-2017 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a bit of a dilemma here my son's PS4 has stopped working the last few days. It wont recognize any of his games just says disc not recognised and ejects the game! he has tried all of them and same thing happens!! It will still play games he has downloaded though.

Is this a common problem its a couple of years old but I'm in a bit of a panic as he asked Santa for 2 new games for Christmas!! with just 3 days to go cant really afford a new PS4!

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have a try of this

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/PS4-Problems-Reading-Discs

Also some youtube vids on the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Its say you should only restart your PS4 unless you are directed to do so! have you tried this? he has a good few games downloaded Id be a bit afraid he would lose them as it says restarting in safe mode can lose data!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Handystuff

Yes it is a common problem you will have to send it to Sony to get fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

benny79 wrote: »
    Its say you should only restart your PS4 unless you are directed to do so! have you tried this? he has a good few games downloaded Id be a bit afraid he would lose them as it says restarting in safe mode can lose data!

Regarding the downloaded content he has,you could get an external USB 3.0 HDD and backup the content on to that.So if you are doing any resetting/or sending it off,you'll be able to restore it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Cheers lads

Its fecked.. getting a new one for €250 would of cost €100 to fix 4 year old PS4

• Advertisement
Advertisement