Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use One4All card to buy Dundrum SC Voucher?

Options
  • 21-12-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭

Not sure whether this is the right forum to post this but wondering whether I can use a One4All card to buy a Dundrum SC voucher?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Crazy idea here, Have you tried phoning them and asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

Have you tried ringing Dundrum customer service on the Friday before Christmas? But thanks for the crazy idea anyway ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

No you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Crazy idea here, Have you tried phoning them and asking?
    here is a crazy thought, now first please forgive me for sounding like a complete patronising worthless cnut, but often companies might not readily give away ways of doing things but people online might know a roundabout, yet legal, way of doing so... and therefore it is often worth asking
    sugarman wrote: »
    Use the one4all to load a prepaid credit card then buy the Dundrum voucher.

I believe this costs quite a bit to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Why would you want to take a widely accepted gift card and exchange it for a centre-specific gift card?

• Advertisement

Why would you want to take a widely accepted gift card and exchange it for a centre-specific gift card?
    presumably since the shop they want to use it in does not accept the one4all...

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

rubadub wrote: »
    presumably since the shop they want to use it in does not accept the one4all...

One option might be to use the One4All voucher for your grocery shopping and then just pay cash for whatever it is you want from a non-One4All store.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

One option might be to use the One4All voucher for your grocery shopping and then just pay cash for whatever it is you want from a non-One4All store.

They are only accepted in a fraction of Supervalu stores and no other supermarkets.

I would not describe it as a "widely accepted" card as you do. Seems quite obvious that the poster wants to know if it can be converted somehow. Ideally it would be converted to cash but that is obviously very wishful thinking so they want to know if it can be done to another card.

These are regularly given out as "christmas bonuses" some moan about it but would moan more about the taxed alternative -if they had 2 braincells to rub together, some might well prefer the moan though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I think there's an option to get the One4All balance in cash, I saw something on their website about it. Costs €8 or something and they may notify the original purchaser. Might be worth looking into?

What ID requirements do I need to send to GVS if I wish to cash in my gift card? (See clause 10 of the Terms and Conditions)

If you wish to redeem your gift card please post your gift card along with a written request including your full name, bank account number and sort code or provide a contact number for us to contact you when we receive the letter to get this information from you. Gift Voucher Shop will refund the balance to you by bank transfer to your nominated bank account, less any applicable fees within seven Business Days of receipt of such a request. The redemption fee of €8 per card will apply and will be deducted from the total value redeemed. The address to send your letter to is GVS, PO BOX 8942, Malahide, Co. Dublin. In line with the 4th AML Directive, new legislation that came into force on 26th June 2017 requires us to do customer due diligence if the total value or cumulative of your redemption reaches or exceeds €100. We require a copy of one form of Identification from List A and we also require one original form of address verification from List B to be sent to us.

List A
    Acceptable forms of identification (containing a photo of the individual):
    Current UK, Irish or EU passport
    Current Full Driving Licence
    National ID card - front and back
    Translink Senior SmartPass (Northern Ireland residents only)
    Firearms Certificate

List B
    Acceptable forms of address verification:
    Bank, Building Society, Credit Union, Credit Card account statement dated within last three months
    Mortgage Statement dated within last thirteen months
    Utility bill, utility final demands and reminders (excluding mobile phone) dated within last three months
    Current Full Driving Licence if not used for personal identification

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Nah, to load €10-30 onto a prepaid Visa card it only costs €3, €30-70 costs €6 and €70-100 costs €8.
    That is about the amount I expected, and I did consider ~10% to be "quite a bit".

I think there may be some way to get multiple cards done for a max of 8euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

Like a lot of businesses, we were given a "One for All" card as a Christmas "bonus" in work. I was hoping to use part of it to purchase Dundrum SC Gift Cards to give as Christmas presents which many people really appreciate for use in the post-Xmas sales!
    But as somebody posted above .. they are not accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I think there's an option to get the One4All balance in cash, I saw something on their website about it. Costs €8 or something and they may notify the original purchaser. Might be worth looking into?

Shouldn't be offered on Small Gift Exemption one (which the OP has now stated theirs is) although some people have got it back anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

One 4 All charge almost 13% commission to smaller retailers, so don't expect smaller retailers to accept the cards.

The Me2You card on the other hand charges about 5% and even though tis only in operation 2 years it has more than twice the number of retailers accepting it.

Also good to note that centre specific cards such as Dundrum that have a mastercard symbol can be used anywhere mastercard is accepted (almost every shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

True of the old Dundrum cards but the new ones don't have the MasterCard symbol and are locked into the centre. Pretty sure all the other centre cards are MasterCard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Sorry to bump this thread, just posting to say you can't cash in a voucher if it was bought by your employer. I didn't see that on the website where it mentioned redeeming to your bank account.

Struggling to find somewhere to spend it to be honest. One full card and €100 still left on the other one...

Advertisement