Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Performance issues with iPhone 6s since upgrading to iOS 11

Options
  • 21-12-2017 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hello guys,

I recently upgraded to iOS 11.2.1 and have nothing but issues since.

The problems are mainly that the phone has slowed down ridiculously, apps aren’t launching properly, apps are crashing when they do load, and the battery performance seems to have have taken a big hit too. Everything is up to date as far as I can see.

I was thinking it may be due to lack of space or something on the phone, but there’s about 25gb available and very little rubbish loaded on it.

Is it a common issue? Can something be done about it? Or is it just that the phone is getting too old to run what’s needed?

Thanks guys. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

Apple just admitted to purposefully slowing down the phone.

have a read here: https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-slows-down-older-iphone-battery-issues/#ftag=CAD-09-10aai5b

basically they want you to go out and splash 1000 on their new iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Change the battery, the new battery management software in iOS slows down older phones with old batteries

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Contact Apple you may be entitled to a replacement. There were widespread faulty battery issues with the 6s. Had mine replaced last summer. The power throttling noted above was introduced to address this problem. Otherwise your phone will shutdown randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Contact Apple you may be entitled to a replacement. There were widespread faulty battery issues with the 6s. Had mine replaced last summer. The power throttling noted above was introduced to address this problem. Otherwise your phone will shutdown randomly.

I actually got that done myself this time last year. Posted a bit about it in the “phone dying with high battery” thread at the time. I had a lot of hassle initially but got it escalated and sorted after the escalation.

All had been perfect and running smoothly until I updated last week, but I may have to get back onto them again.

Advertisement