Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell boss I'm receiving interest on LinkedIn

Options
  • 21-12-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey, I'm in a job which is 20 minutes drive from my house and I get to work remotely if I wish. Only thing is I know I could get better salary if I move to another company. On LinkedIN I frequently receive mails asking if I'd be interested moving.
    I'm paid just above the average industrial wage and it is a bonus I get to work from home and live not to far from work but potential other rolls would mean between 50-80% increase compared to my current salary.
    In the last 3 years I received a €900 increase just this year. Should I tell my boss about the interest I'm getting via linked in or am I burning my bridges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'd be surprised if I knew anybody who doesn't get tapped up via LinkedIn.

Follow through with an interview or two from one of these approaches. Get a job offer. Then have a chat with your current boss - only then do you have actual leverage.

Don't worry about burning bridges, it sounds like you're being taken advantage of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

LinkeIN interest means nothing. To recruiters its a numbers game of reaching out to as many people as possible to try and fill their roles. They may have to reach out to 30 people to get 1 response.

As stated above you have no leverage until you have a firm offer in your hand from another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Agreed.

LinkedIn interest is way too insubstantial for leverage.

Advertisement