Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No speaker header connection on MB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Looked at the manual, it doesn't have one.
    But you don't need the POST speaker for operation anyway.

More pressingly, why did you buy a new A78 FM2+ motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭mrtom

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Looked at the manual, it doesn't have one.
    But you don't need the POST speaker for operation anyway.

More pressingly, why did you buy a new A78 FM2+ motherboard?

Good queston, for the back story :
    http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,5562.0.html

I replaced the GA-FA55M-HD2 with a new A78 FM2+. No change at all!
    Did borrow a stick of working ram & no change. So at this point I left it in to local repair shop for diagnosis & estimate. I'v gone as far as I can. Was hoping beep codes may indicate something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think his point was more along the lines of why are you pissing time and money away into hardware so old and outdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah honestly, for the price of a new motherboard & diagnosis you're already halfway to a Ryzen 3 system.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Throw the following into Amazon.co.uk; Pc Motherboard USB & PCI Analyser Diagnostic Card Tester
    The simple PCI POST cards can help a great deal; it has helped me find a faulty PSU when a friends (brand new) system refused to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭mrtom

the_syco wrote: »
    Throw the following into Amazon.co.uk; Pc Motherboard USB & PCI Analyser Diagnostic Card Tester
    The simple PCI POST cards can help a great deal; it has helped me find a faulty PSU when a friends (brand new) system refused to boot.
    cheers for that ;)

Advertisement