Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Masters & Intermediate Cross Country

Options
  • 21-12-2017 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,

These races are due to take place on 11th February. Does anyone know the venue?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Aquals wrote: »
    Hi,

These races are due to take place on 11th February. Does anyone know the venue?

Thanks!

AFAIK it's Tuam in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

AFAIK it's Tuam in Galway

Yep, I heard the same. Town Park in Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 The O

Kilcornan Estate in Clarinbridge, Co. Galway gets the nod. Presumably cos there must be more parking available there which the Tuam venue doesn't have a great deal of.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mylesforsmiles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone know anything about the course?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Fairly flat, couple of rolling hills, but not severe, might be a bit muddy ..lot of races on the programme .. lovely setting for a race

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

sounds ok, hopefully I'll be able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Do shops have something against xc?? My local shops have no spikes for me!!!!

Will probably take a punt online with the same brand as my road shoes, saucony. Hopefully sizes will match anyway......

AK are at least looking to see if they can get something in for me in my size.....

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Snodge

Any thoughts on entries?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Anyone do this yesterday?

I heard it was a proper mudfest...

Got the call up on Friday, but family stuff got in the way !

Any pictures etc ???

• Advertisement

It was the worst conditions I've seen underfoot anywhere. I assume there are photos on facebook etc but I won't be seeking them out !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Haven't been doing xc for very long but I doubt I'll run that kind of course again any time soon, it was horrendously difficult for anyone running - a pretty good turnout too though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Tough going out there. Very sticky .Hard work just to finish it but rewarding in some weird way ! Nevertheless was fairly shook after it
    Not as bad as Lough key, Queens or ALSAA intermediates a few years back , but anyone used to running grassland or parks courses or abbottstown etc would have got an awful land.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

This was my first ever xc run and what a way to pop my cherry. Was the hardest run I've ever done, only that I was runnin for the club I'd have pulled up after the first km.

The lads that run xc all the time said I will prob never see conditions like that again for a long time. In a weird way though I kind of enjoyed it, was an experience I'll never forget and looking back now it was a good laugh but not at the time.

Advertisement