If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for a TV sound system

Options
  • 21-12-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I would like to get a sound system for my TV and other HDMI devices.

I'm worried that if I just pick an AV receiver from your website that it will be incompatible with 4k TV or that the speakers I pick won't work with it.

Could you suggest an AV receiver and speakers that would work with 3 HDMI inputs and one of them which may be 4k input.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I would like to get a sound system for my TV and other HDMI devices.

I'm worried that if I just pick an AV receiver from your website that it will be incompatible with 4k TV or that the speakers I pick won't work with it.

Could you suggest an AV receiver and speakers that would work with 3 HDMI inputs and one of them which may be 4k input.

Thanks guys :)
    Hi BW,

all our AV receivers are 4K ready now - we really don't carry any old stock at all!

If you would like to give us a price range and what type of speakers you are looking at ( Ie Sub / Satellites / Floorstanders / Bookshelf speakers) we will happily give you some options :)

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Would 700 euro be enough? I would like a 5.1 system. If the speakers do not have stands then I don't mind putting them on the TV stand and then on the floor at the back.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Would 700 euro be enough? I would like a 5.1 system. If the speakers do not have stands then I don't mind putting them on the TV stand and then on the floor at the back.
    Hey BW,

€700 will actually get you quite a serious AV system with us these days ( but we really would not recommend putting your speakers on the floor :O )

How about this:

Denon AVRX2400 7.1 Av Receiver : €469
    https://www.whathifi.com/denon/avr-x2400h/review

Denon SYS2020 5.1 Speaker system: €199
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202313-sys2020.aspx?swapstore=1

Total is €668 - Bundle deal £529 / €619 

The Boston speakers come including a simple keyhole opening which will allow you to hang the rears slightly off the ground and that will transform your overall Audio quality.

BTW that €619 price for the award winning AVRX2400 is less than most other stores in Ireland are charging for the AVRX2400 on its own!!

Lots in stock and all prices include shipping countrywide,

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Hey John. I sent you a PM. I'm looking to order it this week.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey John. I sent you a PM. I'm looking to order it this week.
    Hi BlackWizard.

John is currently out of his office at the moment.

If you want to forward the PM to myself I can try and look after it for you.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.