Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit rock in Dublin port tunnel

Options
  • 21-12-2017 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Travelling northbound the other morning 200m into the tunnel. I'm driving the speed limit and a medium size rock around the size of a tennis ball comes into vision. I did not have time to swerve and my front left ran over it. I got the car to first exit off the motorway and tyre was flat as a pancake

Have I any recourse here with my insurance company or Dublin Port Tunnel? Or mark it down to bad luck....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

If you hit a rock on any road what recourse do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Comprehensive policies do not cover the bursting of tyres in isolation

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Golf4GolfGti

KellyXX wrote: »
    If you hit a rock on any road what recourse do you have?

Is that you answering me or being a smart c'#/ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

Is that you answering me or being a smart c'#/ ?

It's a question. Imagine curious. I never hit a rock in the road or in a tunnel. I don't know if there is a difference. Is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Allinall

Hi OP.

Non smartsrse point of view here.

I would have thought the owners and operators of the tunnell - Transport Infrastructure Ireland would have a duty of care to the users of the tunnell to ensure their safety.

I would contact them and let them know of the incident. It would be of critical importance for them to try to establish where the rock came from.

If it fell off the back of a truck that is one thing, but if it was part of the structure of the tunnell, then that could be a very serious isssue that needs urgent addressing.

As for your tyre, I would take it on the chin, so to speak, and chalk it up to bad luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement